Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: SICARIO II Day of the Soldado

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Hang Seng Index. ��
    Humane Society International. <good doggies>
    Last edited by RoyGBiv; 06-05-2018 at 01:39 PM.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

(in my best Rodney Dangerfield voice)
    "I don't get no respect, none I tell ya."

This is us...
    https://www.ice.gov/hsi
    http://www.ice.gov/hsi

#ShittyMarketing
    #NoOneLovesUs
    Last edited by Gadfly; 06-05-2018 at 01:48 PM.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    SIDE RANT:
    The FBI would not be the ones doing what she was doing in the movie. According to one of my PAO buddies at HQ, the producers were told that HSI is the agency they would need to show, but the producers said "who the hell has heard of HSI, people can relate to the FBI?"

Well, if you never put us into movies, NO ONE will ever hear of us.

FBI, USMS, USSS, FAMS, BP, all get movies made about them. HSI got "Crossing Over", a straight to DVD turd staring Harrison ford, and "Human Trafficking", a lifetime movie with Mira Sorveno and Donald Sutherland. we need a better PR department. NCIS doesn't do jack, and they get a TV show with 3 spin offs!

End of Rant...

I found Emily Blunt's character rather annoying. Glad she is not back for the squeal.
    Regardless of the Emily Blunt character - keep in mind there was nothing remotely realistic about Sicario. It's the Hollywood fantasy version of the Border. It is literally a case of that's not the ways any of this works.

Jeffery Donovan's character is my spirit animal and all but the plot is preposterous.

Enjoy the action but don't be one of those retards posting about how this movie is "realistic."

PS - Gadfly - y'all also had Jessica Alba in Machete.
    Last edited by HCM; 06-05-2018 at 02:04 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    (in my best Rodney Dangerfield voice)
    "I don't get no respect, none I tell ya."

This is us...
    https://www.ice.gov/hsi
    http://www.ice.gov/hsi

#ShittyMarketing
    #NoOneLovesUs
    HIS - even autocorrect gives you no respect !

Quote Originally Posted by scjbash View Post
    I had to google HSI.
    Why would they put the Health and Safety Institute in this type of movie?
    Last edited by 23JAZ; 06-05-2018 at 02:05 PM.

Really looking forward to this, I loved the first movie. This looks exactly like what I want to see!

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Regardless of the Emily Blunt character - keep in mind there was nothing remotely realistic about Sicario. It's the Hollywood fantasy version of the Border. It is literally a case of that's not the ways any of this works.

Jeffery Donovan's character is my spirit animal and all but the plot is preposterous.

Enjoy the action but don't be one of those retards posting about how this movie is "realistic."

PS - Gadfly - y'all also had Jessica Alba in Machete.
    Things are looking up.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I think Emily Blount’s character was genious,actually.One of the problems of Hollywood moviemaking is creating a screenplay that’s technically accurate,entertaining ,and accessible to Joe Ordinary.

Most of the guys here are probably LE,Military,or former members of those professions. So the subject matter of Sicario isnt new news here. Hell some guys here lived it .

It is new news for the 90% of moviegoers who know nothing of LE, weapons, or cartel activities. Blounts character thus serves as a way for the movie to explain itself to the clueless audience .
    Last edited by GardoneVT; 06-05-2018 at 03:35 PM.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Never said the action was real... Just that FBI would not dirty their hands doing alien work or ANY border work.

And yes, after 19+ years, I know that's not how any of that works.

Side Note:
    Did a case in El Paso. Spent about 3-4 months there over a years time. Mostly out in Fabens and Clint. In downtown El Paso, by the bridge, hearing gunfire from across the river was way more common than I expected. And one morning, hearing the low Boom. The local Agents just shrugged and said "oh, Grenades", and went back to eating their lunch.

One morning I open my Hotel blinds, and I see about a dozen+ pillars of black smoke on the Juarez side. I assume, with as cold as it was, folks had space heater accidents. Upon meeting with my CI, he tells me the local city was told to pay "the Quaota" to Sinaloa for the buses. 10% tax to the cartel for protection. The city did not pay. So that morning, buses were stopped, drivers shot, and buses burned. I did not see more black smoke, so I assume the city paid the Quota. Its a different world across that thin river. Reporters don't report it, because the get shot if they do.
    Last edited by Gadfly; 06-05-2018 at 03:45 PM.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Humane Society International. <good doggies>
    Geez I read Hardware Software Integration...

User Tag List