Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast

Thread: SICARIO II Day of the Soldado

I watched Sicario last night on Amazon to prepare for today’s showing. I went to the first showing. The ticket was $5.25, the theatre has reclining seats, and it was almost empty. I enjoyed it. It was a good movie but I liked the first better. There’s definitely a third coming up.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

"You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

I watched the original again today. I typically can’t sit through a movie more than once——-my standards are very high; my patience thin——but this film gets better with every viewing.

I've watched the first one several times...went to see the second one today. Entertaining movie. Not as good as the first...but still better than most anything else I've seen recently.

Site Supporter
    I watched it tonight and I really liked it. I'm extremely movie picky, more than anyone I've ever met. So when I find a movie I really like, I'll take a bad sequel over no sequel. Lol

I thought it was worse than the first movie in some ways and better in other ways. It was certainly worth the watch and I'm excited for the 3rd one.

Site Supporter

It’s always difficult to surpass a very good original. Sicario II does well to continue the saga and falling a little short of the original is ok. I thought it was pretty good and hope they make a third. Interesting ending, I would have liked to seen that little punk get what was coming but maybe that becomes a transition to the third one.

Finally watched it.

Plot sucked. Action generally sucked. Not suspenseful like the first one.

Thumbs down.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

SICARIO II Day of the Soldado

Saw the original again recently... it’s just... the FBI would not be down at the border doing any of that. They would let us do it, THEN swoop in to take the credit.

Sent from my iPhone
    (So Excuse the typos)
    Last edited by Gadfly; 12-08-2018 at 11:44 AM.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    Saw the original again recently... it’s just... the FBI would not be down at the border doing any of that. They would let us do it, THEN swoop in to take the credit.

Sent from my iPhone
    (So Excuse the typos)

I see nothing's changed.

CNN talking head ex-FBI agent Chris Swecker tried to pull a fast one on one of my old capers years ago. I chopped him off at the knees at a meeting with him and our respective SACs. They decided to move on and find another pool to fish in.
    Last edited by blues; 12-08-2018 at 11:58 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List