Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: USPSA President threatens to ban Ben Stoeger

Foley's apology doesn't cut it for me. I could care less whether he used slurs or bad language. He behaved like a petty dictator who used his position to threaten critics. It's an obvious abuse of his position, and shows that he is unfit to serve.

The only satisfying outcome of this would be for Foley to step down as USPSA President.

Remember when an IDPA club banned a guy for criticizing leadership? And banned anyone who didn't agree with the ban? That's the way cult leaders behave. I hope USPSA can return to the high ground.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 06-05-2018 at 10:43 AM.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Wrong forum to discuss USPSA. The bear defense, on the other hand....

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    Maybe... but P-F is the only forum I'm active on anymore, so I have to try.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

My problem with the Foley is the clearly aggressive and hateful speech calling members names.

Anything gun related is always under a microscope, and with USPSA being one of the most visible outside of shooting circles it put all shooters USPSA or not in bad light. Everyone knows that the court of public opinion is quick to paint with a broad brush and his remarks, especially around calling members "bitches" and "fags" does nothing but isolate and de-ligitimize the shooting sports in general.

He needs to go quickly.

I think discussing USPSA in the Competition Skills & Discussion sub forum in IPSC/USPSA is an appropriate place.

I was pretty surprised at the rancor on display.

I mean, I understand that there is a certain coarseness that goes with Shootin’ at the range. Seems like when Shooters (mostly men, obviously) let off steam in a shared environment some things get said that aren’t meant for polite company.

That being said, I have two problems with this situation.

One is when the National President of an organization I’m a member of publicly displays a stunning lack of decorum on social media. This is in addition to a complete tone-deaf unawareness of respect for diversity. I’m not Gay, but seriously you just don’t use the terms he used and not expect consequences.

The second and possibly more important to Mr. Foley’s future as President is a breathtaking abuse of power and intimidation of the organization’s members. It just boggles my mind that someone who leads a National Shooting organization thinks his behavior is appropriate.

To the extent I can vote this individual out of office in any future opportunity, I will certainly do so.

You mean it isn’t appropriate for the President of USPSA, whether sleep deprived or not, to engage in an internet purse fight and then threaten to ban some on the other side of that purse fight, including a national champion (even if that champion is from a insignificant, low cap division)?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

BEARS! They should be mentioned in every thread!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    You mean it isn’t appropriate for the President of USPSA, whether sleep deprived or not, to engage in an internet purse fight and then threaten to ban some on the other side of that purse fight, including a national champion (even if that champion is from a insignificant, low cap division)?
    And by “ban,” I mean unilaterally, without board of directors deliberation, from USPSA and IPSC competition.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Definitely not a good judgement call on Mr. Foley's part. Especially towards an individual who supported his election. For all his flaws and unpopularity with the BOD, Ben has a solid view of what the sport of USPSA ought to be.

I'm guessing Stoeger won't be endorsing him next election.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

User Tag List