Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: USPSA President threatens to ban Ben Stoeger

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    We do get the occasional slacker when it comes to tape and reset, but my wife (scorer) gives a great "motivational speech" that usually shames them into compliance.
    MD at the matches I shot and RO'ed at always said that anyone not pulling their weight on pasting/resetting would have their scoresheet lost between the last stage and the scoring shack. Only ever had two prima donnas that I had to threaten with that . . . including one brass rat GM who asked if he could go first on the last stage because it was hot and he wanted to leave. I think he shot that might have shot that stage DFL.
    Last edited by ragnar_d; 06-08-2018 at 08:53 PM.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I don't have to deal with any asshole drama at matches.
    As a board member of the hosting gun range I can just ban them from the range for any reason I want (if they are a guest not a dues paying member).
    I don't even have to get USPSA involved. Heck I don't even have to DQ them or eject them from the match.
    "Hey there Mr. Asshole. As the property representative I'm trespassing you from the range, if you're not off the property in 5 minutes I'll have you arrested."
    "You can cry to USPSA all you want. You're not ejected from the match... just the range it's hosted at. I'm not making this decision as a USPSA MD, i'm acting as a private club board member."
    Sounds like a good way to get your USPSA affiliation revoked.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

All of this juvenile drama, on both sides of the issue as I find Ben Stoeger to a pretty complete tool shed himself, are prime examples why I typically avoid competition like the plague. It has nothing to do with training on things that will get you kilt on da streetz. It's all about having zero tolerance for bullshit that should have been left behind in the highschool lunch room.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    All of this juvenile drama, on both sides of the issue as I find Ben Stoeger to a pretty complete tool shed himself, are prime examples why I typically avoid competition like the plague. It has nothing to do with training on things that will get you kilt on da streetz. It's all about having zero tolerance for bullshit that should have been left behind in the highschool lunch room.
    That sounds like you're fishing for a reason. It's a crap one, regardless.

Go shoot matches.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Far removed from these events, massive amounts of folks that come out for their local club matches every weekend have no idea who Mike Foley or Ben Stoeger are, and will not ever be card-carrying members of USPSA or IDPA. Indicting competition for a couple of personalities having a social media slap fest is like condemning all LE for a couple of cops shining their ass in public.
    Last edited by ST911; 06-11-2018 at 07:14 PM.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Far removed from these events, massive amounts of folks that come out for their local club matches every weekend have no idea who Mike Foley or Ben Stoeger are, and will not ever be card-carrying members of USPSA or IDPA. Indicting competition for a couple of personalities having a social media slap fest is like condemning all LE for a couple of cops shining their ass in public.
    Practice false equivalency much?

Hardly just a couple of personalities, but rather years of experience with everything from kids softball to National Highpower Rifle Competition. It's my opinion and I give absolutely zero fucks what you think of it. Go ahead and trash LE work if you want. I'm well aware of it's problems. The difference is, I don't get sand in my mangina every time someone has a less than favorable opinion of it.
    Last edited by Trooper224; 06-11-2018 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    That sounds like you're fishing for a reason. It's a crap one, regardless.

Go shoot matches.
    Reference my response in post 107, the same applies to you. Fishing? Don't have any use for that either.
    Last edited by Trooper224; 06-11-2018 at 07:54 PM.

USPSA President threatens to ban Ben Stoeger

My experience at USPSA local, area, and Nationals is that nearly everyone is super nice. Actually I’ve never seen a lower douche factor than at USPSA matches. Ben is a nice guy in person, and so are nearly all the top shooters I’ve met and squadded with. There’s a decent number of females shooting USPSA and I think that supports a low DB factor.

I’ve met Mike Foley, and he seemed nice too.

A few ROs have been major dicks, but not typically.

IDPA had way more douchebags, as did Multigun and PRS.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 06-11-2018 at 08:07 PM.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

lmao OK whatever you say
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

User Tag List