Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: USPSA President threatens to ban Ben Stoeger

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    In the 1980s in the Dallas TX area, we had an extremely talented shooter who successfully tried to irritate every other USPSA competitor in the region. Final straw was he started insulting and hitting on some of the other competitors wives - he was first and only person I ever heard of that was formally and permanently banned from USPSA.
    Look up Paul Hendrix, every once in a while a fuckhead is ejected from USPSA for legitimate reasons.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Been 15+ years ago, but we had a local USPSA competitor who's wife passed away at a young age. "Fellow competitor" and his wife were having him to dinner and doing stuff with him to comfort him and cheer him up. "Fellow competitor's" wife ended up leaving him to marry this widower. "Fellow competitor" simply left the sport and became a cowboy action shooter.

No violence on anyone's part, but the soap opera nature of the whole thing shocked a few of us in the local USPSA community. I would have been very uncomfortable if "fellow competitor" had stayed with the sport, we the local match directors had agreed that we were certainly never going to squad them together if he had. I was told that "fellow competitor" was also very mad at his local friends in the sport who he was sure saw all this happening, or starting to happen, and never warned him.

I don't have to deal with any asshole drama at matches.
    As a board member of the hosting gun range I can just ban them from the range for any reason I want (if they are a guest not a dues paying member).
    I don't even have to get USPSA involved. Heck I don't even have to DQ them or eject them from the match.
    "Hey there Mr. Asshole. As the property representative I'm trespassing you from the range, if you're not off the property in 5 minutes I'll have you arrested."
    "You can cry to USPSA all you want. You're not ejected from the match... just the range it's hosted at. I'm not making this decision as a USPSA MD, i'm acting as a private club board member."
    Last edited by JodyH; 06-08-2018 at 02:07 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I don't have to deal with any asshole drama at matches.
    As a board member of the hosting gun range I can just ban them from the range for any reason I want (if they are a guest not a dues paying member).
    I don't even have to get USPSA involved. Heck I don't even have to DQ them or eject them from the match.
    "Hey there Mr. Asshole. As the property representative I'm trespassing you from the range, if you're not off the property in 5 minutes I'll have you arrested."
    "You can cry to USPSA all you want. You're not ejected from the match... just the range it's hosted at. I'm not making this decision as a USPSA MD, i'm acting as a private club board member."
    Don't mess with Jody the vorpal bunny...

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Don't mess with Jody the vorpal bunny...
    We've never had any real asses show up to shoot.
    I guess Level I matches are beneath them.
    We do get the occasional slacker when it comes to tape and reset, but my wife (scorer) gives a great "motivational speech" that usually shames them into compliance.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    We've never had any real asses show up to shoot.
    I guess Level I matches are beneath them.
    We do get the occasional slacker when it comes to tape and reset, but my wife (scorer) gives a great "motivational speech" that usually shames them into compliance.
    Excellent. I need to record her speech for the next time I am SOing. I only have two real complaints about USPSA: the number of stages requiring bending/laying down (old fart with knee and back issues); and that it seemed an inordinant amount of players always seem "too busy" to tape/reset.

Excellent. I need to record her speech for the next time I am SOing.
    Just watch the first half of "Full Metal Jacket" and imagine it in a female voice.

I know it was just a matter of time before someone posted one of these: http://captiongenerator.com/985522/Foley-at-HQ
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Excellent. I need to record her speech for the next time I am SOing. I only have two real complaints about USPSA: the number of stages requiring bending/laying down (old fart with knee and back issues); and that it seemed an inordinant amount of players always seem "too busy" to tape/reset.
    While people should be pasting versus sitting around jack jawing, USPSA does demand more time from you when you're not shooting just as a side effect of being designed the way it is.

RO...ROing, by the way. Only safety officers around are off duty cops carrying tourniquets

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    I know it was just a matter of time before someone posted one of these: http://captiongenerator.com/985522/Foley-at-HQ
    I spit out laughing at my monitor when he screamed "millenial fags"

User Tag List