Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HK LEM V1 trigger help.

Just for giggles, I shot my P2000 with light LEM yesterday. I've been shooting Glocks exclusively for 10 months, so it was quite a change. My targets, and the timer, told me I have to be much more patient on the trigger. Slapping it like my Glock resulted in poor hits. Slowing down 0.15 - 0.20s as I worked through the wall made a huge difference. Keeping a hard front sight focus while working through the wall also helped. My Glocks are much more forgiving of marginal technique.

With work, I could probably learn to run the LEM trigger faster. And I'd probably be a much better shooter because of it.

Caveat: I'm an intermediate shooter with only about 3000 rounds through an LEM gun.

I've been working exclusiving with a G19.3 for the last 9 months, a total of just over 6,000 rounds. 5,000 in the last 4 months on a timer, tracking times and working drills. Failure to Stop, Bill Drill, and single shoot to CNS all at 7 yards. My splits run 1.45 to 1.60 draws and .40 to .60 splits for good COM and CNS, hits. By that I mean 6 inch COM groups and 4in. CNS groups.

Anyway, based on this thread I brought my USPc9 TLG LEM to the range yesterday. My splits dropped by as much as .2 tenths. My draws were 1.0 to 1.2. I was amazed. The groups opened up a bit. But times definitely improved.

Maybe it was the grip angle, I don't know... but I need to get in front of a good pistol instructor and see what is different about the way I shoot a.Glock vs. a HK.

My only advice to the OP is, don't think about the difference b/t triggers, just focus on the front sight and pull the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Alembic View Post
    I've been working exclusiving with a G19.3 for the last 9 months, a total of just over 6,000 rounds. 5,000 in the last 4 months on a timer, tracking times and working drills. Failure to Stop, Bill Drill, and single shoot to CNS all at 7 yards. My splits run 1.45 to 1.60 draws and .40 to .60 splits for good COM and CNS, hits. By that I mean 6 inch COM groups and 4in. CNS groups.

Anyway, based on this thread I brought my USPc9 TLG LEM to the range yesterday. My splits dropped by as much as .2 tenths. My draws were 1.0 to 1.2. I was amazed. The groups opened up a bit. But times definitely improved.

Maybe it was the grip angle, I don't know... but I need to get in front of a good pistol instructor and see what is different about the way I shoot a.Glock vs. a HK.

My only advice to the OP is, don't think about the difference b/t triggers, just focus on the front sight and pull the trigger.
    Technique wise, you have a bunch of low hanging fruit available to pick with the Glock.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I’ve had a P30 V1 for about 5 years now and it’s all I am shooting at the time being. For me what works best is I just pull straight through the wall and don’t stop. For harder shots where more accuracy is needed I pull a little slower and focus more on the front sight. The trigger is pretty light so I make sure I am not pulling too hard and trying to make the gun go off “NOW”. I think the light long take up followed by the wall causes most issues. Lastly my groups tighten up if I sink more finger on the trigger especially SHO & WHO.

Unless you are slapping the trigger in comparing it with a Glock the difference is the Glock reset pushes your trigger finger forward where you have very little take up before you are at the wall. The LEM is more deliberate and after the longer reset you have more take up before you get to the wall. That’s where I try and stay smooth and pull straight through without stopping. When shooting multiple shots at the same target for speed my trigger finger is in continuous motion and is moving what feels like a much further distance than a Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Technique wise, you have a bunch of low hanging fruit available to pick with the Glock.
    Can you be more specific? Your insight is always appreciated. In my simplistic way, I'm guessing you are being polite and mean, my splits are slow and my groups are big. If so, I agree.

I was just suprised my splits improved with a LEM vs. a Glock, otherwise, I should not be offering instruction. Buyer beware.

Quote Originally Posted by tsf1225 View Post
    I’ve had a P30 V1 for about 5 years now and it’s all I am shooting at the time being. For me what works best is I just pull straight through the wall and don’t stop. For harder shots where more accuracy is needed I pull a little slower and focus more on the front sight. The trigger is pretty light so I make sure I am not pulling too hard and trying to make the gun go off “NOW”. I think the light long take up followed by the wall causes most issues. Lastly my groups tighten up if I sink more finger on the trigger especially SHO & WHO.

Unless you are slapping the trigger in comparing it with a Glock the difference is the Glock reset pushes your trigger finger forward where you have very little take up before you are at the wall. The LEM is more deliberate and after the longer reset you have more take up before you get to the wall. That’s where I try and stay smooth and pull straight through without stopping. When shooting multiple shots at the same target for speed my trigger finger is in continuous motion and is moving what feels like a much further distance than a Glock.
    This is exactly what I do and I don't have flinch issues or any of the like as I do when I am taking out all the slack and then squeezing through the "wall."

User Tag List