Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Terror Suspect's estate sues Govt. over fatal shooting

Site Supporter

Terror Suspect's estate sues Govt. over fatal shooting

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/03...-shooting.html

Suspect's estate sues government over fatal shooting

BOSTON – The estate of a Boston man who was shot to death by a city police detective and an FBI agent in 2015 during a terrorism investigation is suing the federal government for $5 million on wrongful death allegations.

Usaamah Rahim and two other men were accused of participating in a plot to behead conservative blogger Pamela Geller, who angered Muslims by organizing a Prophet Muhammad cartoon contest in Garland, Texas, in 2015. The plot was not carried out.

Authorities said officers shot the 26-year-old Rahim when he lunged at them with a knife in Boston. At the time, an anti-terrorism task force was surveilling Rahim around the clock because authorities had learned of the beheading plot.

Suffolk District Attorney Daniel Conley concluded the officers were justified in shooting Rahim.

The Boston Globe reported Rahim's estate filed the lawsuit in federal court in Boston on Thursday. It alleges law enforcement officers "unlawfully seized, assaulted and killed" Rahim, and accuses officials of acting "negligently and recklessly in their use of excessive force, and deadly force."

The lawsuit also says no fingerprints were recovered from the knife and there were inconsistent accounts by officials about how Rahim pulled the knife.

The FBI and Boston police declined to comment.
    Last edited by HCM; 06-03-2018 at 03:16 PM.

Yeah. Good luck with that.

/s
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post

/s
    Ditto

Site Supporter

/s
    Well, it is evidence the family of the deceased have truly embraced American values. (/End sarcasm.)

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Well, it is evidence the family of the deceased have truly embraced American values. (/End sarcasm.)
    Yep. They've got that goin' for them, which is nice.

I'll be interested to see how this plays out. I don't think there's going to be a ton of sympathy in Boston absent compelling evidence.
    Last edited by blues; 06-03-2018 at 07:18 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

One of those cases that makes you wish for Loser Pays tort law.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Site Supporter
    Yep. They've got that goin' for them, which is nice.

I'll be interested to see how this plays out. I don't think there's going to be a ton of sympathy in Boston absent compelling evidence.
    If I recall correctly they approached him in public at a shopping center to do an interview so there is likely security video.

Site Supporter
    The shooting occurred inside the suspect's apartment.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Givens View Post
    The shooting occurred inside the suspect's apartment.
    Tom,

I know the shooting you are thinking of. It also involved Boston JTTF. They traveled to Florida and were interviewing Ibragim Todashev. an associate of the older Tsarnaev brother in his apartment in regard to the Boston Bombing. Todashev excused himself to get a drink of water and came at an Agent and a couple MA troopers with a kitchen knife.

The shooting in question here, involved Usaamah Rahim who was a suspect in a different case. JTTF members approached him in public to interview him and he pulled a knife on them. This shooting was captured on the security cameras of nearby stores. The video is linked below.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video...=.78fb7210bfcd

So can the state sue the estate for legal fees??

User Tag List