Thread: High standard revolvers .22 are they worth concidering?

High standard revolvers .22 are they worth concidering?

I have seen a few of these revolvers for sale at gunshows for a very reasonable price. They looked well built and of somewhat high quality. I know there semi-auto pistols are known to be real tack drivers. Has anyone on this site had any dealings with these pistols? if you could tell me what you think of them I would be greatful.

Chic Gaylord highly recommmended them in chapter 5 of his 'Handgunner's Guide'. Massad Ayoob included them in his list of the 'Greatest Handguns of the World' (in chapter 10 of the book of the same name). Everything they say about them is true. I've got two, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy more.

Jim Spacek's book, 'HI-STANDARD PISTOLS & REVOLVERS 1951-1984' has the most information about the various revolver models that I've ever found. If you feel the (H-S) bug, I highly recommend it.

It's listed on Amazon. Although currently unavailable, you can add it to your watch list, and they'll tell you when that status changes.

well thanks for the rrsponse. For what they ask for them you would get your fun out them for the price.

Site Supporter
    I have a High Standard Double Nine .22 revolver that my wife’s uncle won on a punch board in the early ‘60s. It works very well in single action and has been used to start new handgun shooters. The DA pull is heavy and a little rough. It serves as my only .22 handgun.

I bought one but last week when I went to the range the second round I got was a squib and I didn't have a rod with me to clear it. Then this week it was raining. It does feel like a decent gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Numrich Arms Gun Parts Corp. may be a source for parts.

I have an R108 Sentinel snub. It had an unknown round count when I got it. I shot it for most of a season running Rimfire Challemge matches. The cylinder springs died a horrible death on the last stage of the last match of the season and I had to finish with a model 17. I ended up buying a complete cylinder assembly from a R103 and I'll be damned if it didn't line up perfectly, or as perfectly as I can tell without specialized tools.

The only screws in the Sentinels are the ones that hold the grip panels in place. They are assembled with springs and pins. The guns are well designed, well built, and will hold up for multiple lifetimes of typical use. Banging steel in matches and practicing for said matches is far and beyond what I'd consider typical use. Mine tends to generate a pattern when using higher velocity ammo but does quite well with standard velocity. It is more comfortable to shoot than my K frame .22's.

The Double Nines are good guns too but I don't have a lot of practical information on those.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

User Tag List