Thread: ModWing Bent?

ModWing Bent?

Name:  JMCK mod wing 1.jpg
Views: 605
Size:  43.3 KB

For those with experience with the ModWing, mine has a slight bend at the elbow. I started with the tall wing and it obviously worked - maybe I should have used to short wing? I would expect some give so as to not create too much stress on the shell, but is this everyone's experience? Will this still have enough contact with the belt to work as intended? Being plastic and under stress for hours a day, should I expect to replace it ever so often?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry T View Post
    Name:  JMCK mod wing 1.jpg
Views: 605
Size:  43.3 KB

For those with experience with the ModWing, mine has a slight bend at the elbow. I started with the tall wing and it obviously worked - maybe I should have used to short wing? I would expect some give so as to not create too much stress on the shell, but is this everyone's experience? Will this still have enough contact with the belt to work as intended? Being plastic and under stress for hours a day, should I expect to replace it ever so often?
    I have had the same experience with the raven wing. I replace my wing after 7-8 months of carry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember reading they redesigned them because of the problem you're encountering. Might want to contact the maker and see if it's one of the original ones and do a swap.

So we mixed up a Gen 1 Mod Wing with our Mod 2 Mod Wings. New one is headed your way Larry T.

Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    So we mixed up a Gen 1 Mod Wing with our Mod 2 Mod Wings. New one is headed your way Larry T.

Thanks
    Thanks Tony - I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post

Thanks
    Tony - replaced the wing - big difference even with the small wing. Thanks for getting that out to me.
    @HopetonBrown - thanks for the info regarding updated modwings.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry T View Post
    Tony - replaced the wing - big difference even with the small wing. Thanks for getting that out to me.
    @HopetonBrown - thanks for the info regarding updated modwings.
    Larry T, you bet. Thanks!
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

@Larry T, when you get the new one it would be nice to have pics for comparison.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    @Larry T, when you get the new one it would be nice to have pics for comparison.
    Name:  JMCK mod wing gen 1 vs gen 2.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  84.1 KB

The Gen 2 is attached, the old one sitting above it. That one extra support rib makes all the difference.

User Tag List