Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: FBI agent ND while dancing

CWM11B
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    So, I'm wondering if that is part of the charge by the DA is that the bar the agent was in, "Forbids" carrying of weapons? I could see someone getting all hot and bothered since LEOSA does not protect carriers from, "restrictions imposed by private persons on their own private property". BUT - doesn't FBI policy supersede this? I could be wrong, but it seems like it does. Or have we finally arrived at a place where - we now see the intersection of federal law and private property to sufficiently test the limits of LEOSA?
    Depends on the state. I dont know about the Colorado statutes, but NC GS 14-269 exempts all LEOs from prohibited properties, except federal. The only restriction placed is you can have ZERO alcohol or controlled substances in your system. If a LEO is made while CC or asked to leave while OC (even in uniform) they are bound to do so or potentially face trespassing charges. The exception there being if they are on duty and on premises for an official act. Grabbing a meal or a coffee and asked to leave? Gotta do it. And yes, it happened to more than one of my colleagues when i was still working.

I'll echo the experience that LEOs are treated much more harshly than citizens in the courts. Funny how we never seem to hear about all the breaks cops cut joe schmoe. It is the rare misdeameanor that costs the average citizen his job. Cops usually do. If not, suspensions without pay are common. I've seen guys get up to a month with no pay as a punishment. And they cannot work their off duty uniform gigs while suspended.

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    Grabbing a meal or a coffee and asked to leave? Gotta do it. And yes, it happened to more than one of my colleagues when i was still working.
    ???
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    ???
    It's a private property. Unless you have a warrant or some other exigent circumstance (like "hot pursuit"), they can ask anyone to leave.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    It's a private property. Unless you have a warrant or some other exigent circumstance (like "hot pursuit"), they can ask anyone to leave.
    Read you on that- the question marks are for why the heck anyone running a proper business would ask on duty uniformed LEOs to leave. It’s not like they’re Feds who can’t dance.....
    Last edited by GardoneVT; 06-13-2018 at 04:27 PM.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    You mean here? or social media? I'd say most on here don't want to see criminal charges at all. Even @Zincwarrior doesn't appear to want him dragged to the gallows but rather to face the exact charge a non FBI citizen would face, whatever that would be. Of course, he may surreptitiously be part of secret vigilante society yet to make the news.
    Nah, being a part of a vigilante club takes away from my sofa time. The fat wiener dog is not going to allow that!

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    So have I, and I’m a salesman.
    if all else fails do you make them an offer they can't refuse?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I feel bad for the guy. We have all done stupid stuff, and the combination of YouTube videos going viral, and the beating the FBI has recently taken in the court of public opinion, came together to ruin this guy’s life.

I know someone that set up a Herman Nelson heater to warm a helicopter on -40 northern BC morning, left and went to breakfast with a buddy, and came back to find the helicopter and hangar fully engulfed in flames. He later went on to become one of the most respected helicopter mountain flying instructors in history, and taught for decades.

Seems like a teachable moment in Denver.
    Something that really bugs me is that he doesn’t appear to have rendered aid or even tried to find out if anyone was injured. The second video seems to support that as he can be seen walking off the dance floor 90 degrees left of where the round went. If I did something dumb and launched a round in an unintended event I’d be frantically trying to find where it went and provide medical assistance to anyone injured.

Is it possible the environment was so loud he didn’t know he fired the gun?
    Last edited by El Cid; 06-13-2018 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Something that really bugs me is that he doesn’t appear to have rendered aid or even tried to find out if anyone was injured. The second video seems to support that as he can be seen walking off the dance floor 90 degrees left of where the round went. If I did something dumb and launched a round in an unintended event I’d be frantically trying to find where it went and provide medical assistance to anyone injured.

Is it possible the environment was so loud he didn’t know he fired the gun?
    I didn't watch the videos, could he have been in a bit of shock afterward between the incident, noise and lighting?

(I know nothing of his state of mind or if there was any alcohol involved.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I didn't watch the videos, could he have been in a bit of shock afterward between the incident, noise and lighting?

(I know nothing of his state of mind or if there was any alcohol involved.)
    It’s possible. We won’t have a full picture of the events until released. But the video shows him walk off smiling and looks really bad. If there are mitigating factors I hope for his sake they get shared.

CWM11B
    Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Read you on that- the question marks are for why the heck anyone running a proper business would ask on duty uniformed LEOs to leave. It’s not like they’re Feds who can’t dance.....
    Plenty of places dont like the police. It happened to at least three of our guys I know of. I just wrote the businesses off. Someone else will take my money. And the last thing I wanted to do is drink or eat something prepared by someone who hates me because of my job and the uniform I wore.
    Last edited by CWM11B; 06-13-2018 at 07:15 PM.

User Tag List