Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Negligent discharge while holstered?

Man this one is tough, because he looks the gun into the holster. I see he is wearing a separate undershirt, maybe that’s what got caught? The other thing is, he goes to top the mag off with the gun in holster. I wonder if when he shifted the gun removing and reinserting the mag, that’s when the shirt got caught?

I’m really inclined to say this was a wardrobe malfunction, because 1) Modded gun seems more likely to go off when he chambers a round. 2) he was finger banging the gun 30-seconds prior. 3) 99% of IWB and AIWB NDs are clothing related with reholstering having happened in the previous 60 secobds or so.

It seems his shirt was the culprit. The Big Clue is that his gun doesn’t fire until he bent over- so whatever piece of his shirt(or strings thereof) that was in the holster was put under tension at that moment. Boom.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Huge "Atta Girl" for having a tourniquet. It probably saved his life.

ETA: Holy cow, why did i start reading the comments? I'm dumber.
    Last edited by David S.; 06-03-2018 at 07:09 AM.
    David S.

I’ve never seen a G Code in person, will the plastic belt clip fit in a 43’s trigger guard?

Interesting.

I love the idea of non black kydex holsters.

Here is another ND that is less difficult to decipher. Small of the back? Not holstered? Less likely with a TDA? And a lot of other stuff.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/skbaer/fbi-...ot-man-dancing

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    If I were a betting man, I'd bet on an aftermarket trigger. One that's a bit wider. When he bends over, his abdomen puts pressure on the grip of the gun pushing down on it, the trigger sticks on the inside of the holster were it's not molded for the extra width, trigger stops moving, gun doesn't, bang.

T-shirt doesn't make sense, his undershirt is tucked in and he looks the gun into the holster, I don't see any way enough cloth could get in to reach the trigger. Bending over forward would also make the undershirt more slack in the front, not taunt. Top shirt is obviously not in holster. Perhaps a foreign object in the holster that he didn't see, but since he did look the gun in I'm going to go with modified gun as my most likely scenario.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Where would one apply a tourniquet in this situation? Around the waist?

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    Depends on where he's hit. If it's in the crease of the leg or further up, wound packing is the "tourniquet". Sort of like a tourniquet on the inside.

https://www.ems1.com/ems-products/Bl...leeding-wound/
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    Excellent question. Depends how high the entry is. Really, the best thing is to lay him down and apply occlusive pressure directly on the artery high in the groin.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    If I were a betting man, I'd bet on an aftermarket trigger. One that's a bit wider. When he bends over, his abdomen puts pressure on the grip of the gun pushing down on it, the trigger sticks on the inside of the holster were it's not molded for the extra width, trigger stops moving, gun doesn't, bang.
    There are a couple companies that maintain such minimal safety tab engagement with the frame, I could see that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List