Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Negligent discharge while holstered?

I think a bunch of folks would like to know exactly what happened here as the combination of a Glock 43, a mainstream Kydex appendix holster, and reasonable holstering technique would not be expected to yield this result.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Oh well this is just great! After 20 yr of just stuffin a chunk in my waistband, I finally come around to the idea of holsters (been using one for over a week) and now ya show me this. Starting to think mini me was safer before J/k

Just a guess - the poster who said wide trigger shoe might be on to something.

We know this is legit? If so, yea kudos to the chick holdin it together. She seems like an asset to have around.
    "Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty" ~ Thomas Jefferson

Is it possible, with the INCOG being and open bottom holster, that when he bent over he pushed/forced the gun past the the normal holstered position engaging the trigger as it was pushed further into the holster?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NPV View Post
    Is it possible, with the INCOG being and open bottom holster, that when he bent over he pushed/forced the gun past the the normal holstered position engaging the trigger as it was pushed further into the holster?
    That's an interesting thought.

I wish we could know the full details on this.

Just thinking out loud here but if the retention on the holster was adjusted to be very slight (not sure if the INCOG has adjustable retention) then I would think that would be pretty feasible.

The "inside" info I have is it's believed to have been a draw cord that got into the holster. I also believe the holster might have been a factor as well.
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

I do carry revolvers mostly. The semi that I carry once in a while has a safety on it. I recently bought my first Glock. The trigger on it isn't super light, about 6 lb best I can measure it but it's quite a bit less than any revolver and a whole lot shorter than a revolver or Beretta, Sig etc. I may decide to carry the Glock but NOT in the front of my pants, not even in a IWB holster.
    Guns are dangerous, best be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Prdator View Post
    The "inside" info I have is it's believed to have been a draw cord that got into the holster. I also believe the holster might have been a factor as well.
    I haven't re-watched the video today, but I thought he was just wearing two T-shirts. Was there another garment with a draw cord?

Dos it not bother anyone that he opens his pants then removes the holster? What is it attached to?
    A wise man told me that "only hits count" is the one truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Die FliperMas View Post
    The Glock cannot fire without manual intervention by the operator.
    As mentioned, doesn’t apply to modified Glocks. Also, didn’t NYPD have a few early Gen 2 G19s that would go off when racking the slides?

User Tag List