Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Negligent discharge while holstered?

Site Supporter

Negligent discharge while holstered?

Anyone have an info on this? I would also take thoughts in general. If I HAD to guess I would say maybe it wasn't in the holster all the way because something was in the holster. But that's a guess.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...t-or-accident/

Edited title for clarity.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Edited title for clarity.
    Thank you LL, I failed to correct autocorrect.

Assuming he had a sturdy holster and it appears from the vide he did in the form os a Kydex holster the holster would not be the cause of the accidental discharge. The gun was never hit the ground so dropping could not be the cause. I believe that something has to be in the holster. I suspect he got his tee shirt into the holster when he holstered the gun. While bending the shirt was stretched and pulled against the trigger. The bang.

Two lessons. 1) when carrying IWB place gun into the holster before positioning it inside the waistband. That way nothin gets into,thholster but the gun. 2) appendix Cary at your own risk. Ifmhizmgun had been at three or four o’clock he would have shot the ground not his groin. The man could have died if the bullet had hit his femoral artery. You can need out from thatninjury in three or four minutes. He could have also given him a self induced birth control procedure. Appendix carry requires absolute attention. To details. I am verbexperienced with handguns. I never will appendix carry.

Is this the new Weinstein way to get women to look at your groin?

Guns do not go off by themselves unless they are dropped and have a poorly constructed trigger mechanism. The man is carrying AIWB in a Kydex or,polymer holster. That is a tight fit and not likely to allow A foreign object to enter. So here is my guess. He placed the pistol IWB and then holstered the gun. In doing so he pulled his tee shirt into the holster. When he bent over it put tension on the tee short and BANG.

If that happened happened carrying at 3or 4 o’clock the bullet would have missed him. He could,have hit his femoral artery and bled out in as little as three minutes. He could could,have taken care of birth control needs too. AIWB Requires the utmost care. I never do it.

Did she go grab a tourniquet?

And I think it was a shirt tail.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I think it was a shirt tail.
    Pretty hard to tell for sure from the video, but Occam's razor agrees with you; the only other reasonable possibility that comes to mind is modified gun.

Site Supporter
    Double tap.
    Last edited by wmu12071; 06-02-2018 at 08:54 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Did she go grab a tourniquet?

And I think it was a shirt tail.
    I watched it back again with more time. It does look like he clears his shirt then for whatever reason let's it go to do something else with the holster and his shirt falls. When he pulls the gun out there is definitely more shirt length.

Good on the female in the room for what looks like a tourniquet and staying calm.

User Tag List