Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistol Forum Ford Raptor Club

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    I'm not sure I understand?
    I can't understand what 'record' the Raptor holds with respect to 'the' parking lot speed bumps. Did they do a test, or were they just hyperbolically saying it's really good at soaking up bumps?

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I can't understand what 'record' the Raptor holds with respect to 'the' parking lot speed bumps. Did they do a test, or were they just hyperbolically saying it's really good at soaking up bumps?
    They actually ran over the speed bumps with the long term test Raptor at that speed. They also run over said speed bumps with every car that they have tested (for the most part). The raptor could take the speed bumps at the highest rate of speed they have found.

I haven’t put the off-road miles on mine but the on road comfort has doubled or tripled my drive time without discomfort. In the previous car my back would start locking up 2-3 hours into a trip. I made the 5 hours to Little Rock for TacCon with no pain.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The Raptor is a great example of something I should have listened to Bolke about years ago. Best driving machine I have had for the things I like to do.
    And the Raptor Enabler strikes thru proxies. Glad DB got you set straight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I rode the roads twice in the outfitter’s big Ram, when we took my bull down to the game processor, and the ride was grueling, uncomfortable, slow and my back actually hurt afterwards. That was creeping along at near walking pace. Between the Raptor’s off road technology and what I learned at Raptor School, I was doing 35 on that same rutted pathway, and it was smooth, fast and in complete control. There are not words that do justice to how much more capable the Raptor was.
    If you really want to improve the ride
    And handling even better and take the road
    faster install the Icon Vehicle Dynamics
    stage 4 suspension. You’ll be hitting 50+ MPH.

Hammertime
    Car and driver long term wrap up.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...ty-maintenance

Instapundit » Blog Archive » SAVE THE EARTH, DRIVE A FORD RAPTOR!
    Which links to Emissions Test: Car vs. Truck vs. Leaf Blower | Edmunds

To equal the hydrocarbon emissions of about a half-hour of yard work with this two-stroke leaf blower, you’d have to drive a Raptor for 3,887 miles, or the distance from Northern Texas to Anchorage, Alaska.

When the Raptor (and the Fiat) was running Phase 2 of its tests on the dyno, it was cleaning the air of hydrocarbons. Yes, there were actually fewer hydrocarbons in the Raptor’s exhaust than in the air it — and we — breathed. In the Raptor’s case, the ambient air contained 2.821 ppm of total hydrocarbons, and the amount of total hydrocarbons coming out the Raptor’s tailpipe measured 2.639 ppm.

So if you want to go green, ditch the yard equipment and blow leaves using a Raptor.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

I have to get some better pictures. Weather mode did pretty good.

Today, I took the Raptor school at the Ford Performance Center at the Utah Motorsports Complex. Blown away by the quality of the instructors and instruction, and the off road capability of the Raptor. We started in the classroom and then hit the track to practice some concepts.
    This?
    https://www.raptorassault.com/en/

That’s actually really cool that it’s free to owners of 2018 and 2019 Raptors.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    This?
    https://www.raptorassault.com/en/

That’s actually really cool that it’s free to owners of 2018 and 2019 Raptors.
    That is it. Awesome program, and I put to use many of the skills I learned driving a Rubicon recently. My wife is going in May.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List