Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Did we do the sucker punch robbery vid yet?

It's also a good idea to keep a copy of relevant criminal code sections. Here in AZ, ARS 38-1113 makes it clear where active & retired officers can carry guns, notwithstanding any other law. Another recent change in the CA penal code, PC 32406, allows honorably retired CA & federal officers to carry high cap mags. I keep copies of both on my phone along with all the other cards and ID.
    Last edited by LtDave; 06-03-2018 at 01:01 PM.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    It's also a good idea to keep a copy of relevant criminal code sections. Here in AZ, ARS 38-1113 makes it clear where active & retired officers can carry guns, notwithstanding any other law. Another recent change in the CA penal code, PC 32406, allows honorably retired CA & federal officers to carry high cap mags. I keep copies of both on my phone along with all the other cards and ID.
    I have a copy in my glove compartment and on the phone.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Having backup copies of cards, registration, etc., on your phone might be useful to save the day if you can't produce an original for some reason, but, if you are relying on your phone for your copies of insurance and registration, are you not inviting the officer to take your (unlocked) phone back to his or her vehicle to write up the paperwork?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    I have a buddy who works for GM corporate. They have had so many work comp cases of injury due to walking while on the phone they are now forbidden by corporate policy to walk while using phone or having more than one earbud in. Wow!
    Because of the local geology, most buildings around here have foundation problems. Consequently, a lot of my employer's injury claims are caused by "uneven surfaces" rather than staring at a phone while walking. The geology must have gotten worse over the last several years because the uneven surfaces didn't injure nearly so many people a decade ago.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    Because of the local geology, most buildings around here have foundation problems. Consequently, a lot of my employer's injury claims are caused by "uneven surfaces" rather than staring at a phone while walking. The geology must have gotten worse over the last several years because the uneven surfaces didn't injure nearly so many people a decade ago.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
    Plate tectonics...don'tcha know.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by fly out View Post
    Having backup copies of cards, registration, etc., on your phone might be useful to save the day if you can't produce an original for some reason, but, if you are relying on your phone for your copies of insurance and registration, are you not inviting the officer to take your (unlocked) phone back to his or her vehicle to write up the paperwork?

A lot of insurance companies apps allow you to pull up a photo of the current card. I just have people pull it up and display it to me. I never handle their phones.

ETA I’ll use the car DXT to write down pertinent info if they don’t have a paper copy of the registration.
    Last edited by Coyotesfan97; 06-03-2018 at 04:59 PM.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by fly out View Post
    My first thought on that, and what I intended when saving such things on my phone is "Can you give me a cell number or email address I can text it to officer". The screen on my phone is entirely too small to be of practical value in reading any such thing. Not sure how that would work, but I thought if I am able to produce it to them, it was the same as if I had to have my insurance company send me/them a digital copy in an emergency situation if unable to find a hard copy.

If there were wifi, I could text it to myself and show it on the small laptop I take when travelling. Guess I could load a copy on it beforehand, but I tend to not have any personal info in my computer in case it were compromised. Hmm, maybe on a thumb drive...
    Last edited by Malamute; 06-03-2018 at 05:34 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    I feel like I have missed a lesson.

I’m among friends, so let me ask: should I not keep a copy of my insurance card and registration in my glove box?
    I do but I make it a point not to keep a garage door opener in my car.

Banned
    The dog walking scenario is usually in my head whenever I look at J frames. Somehow I think I’d feel better pocketing a small revolver than a G43.
    In that particular instance I'm pretty sure it was an M&P Shield

I’m amazed more people don’t fall into uncovered manholes.

The amount of folks walking around with complete disregard for what (and who) is around them is startling.
    Literally everyone on this forum has let their guard down at some point. I used to drive an armored truck many moons ago, and the only incident in the 2 years that I had that at that job was one of our guys getting knocked out in a Burger king bathroom. He was the last guy you would think it could happen to as well. The guy was former military, about 6' 2" and had a decent build. He was also pretty intelligent. He didn't even get robbed. Some fat guy Knocked him out for absolutely no reason as far as we could tell.

User Tag List