Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Did we do the sucker punch robbery vid yet?

It would be a hate crime if the roles were reversed.

Your head need to stay on a swivel. Most people are pretty clueless about this kind of stuff, present company at PF excluded of course.

I recently was talking to the girlfriend of my step son about personal security when she goes away to college. The talk could be summed up with the phrase, "Put the F**king cell phone down and pay attention..."

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    I recently was talking to the girlfriend of my step son about personal security when she goes away to college. The talk could be summed up with the phrase, "Put the F**king cell phone down and pay attention..."
    I’m amazed more people don’t fall into uncovered manholes.

The amount of folks walking around with complete disregard for what (and who) is around them is startling.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    I’m amazed more people don’t fall into uncovered manholes.

The amount of folks walking around with complete disregard for what (and who) is around them is startling.
    We lost a young man in college walking back to the dorm who fell into an uncovered steam vent. I don't recall if he was "medicated" or not at the time.

Needless to say, it was a huge matter both on the campus and in the community.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    We lost a young man in college walking back to the dorm who fell into an uncovered steam vent. I don't recall if he was "medicated" or not at the time.

Wow.

That is very sad.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post

I have a buddy who works for GM corporate. They have had so many work comp cases of injury due to walking while on the phone they are now forbidden by corporate policy to walk while using phone or having more than one earbud in. Wow!

Pumping gas at Costco or wherever, my head is on a swivel all the time. Same going to and from the car to the stores.
    And do we take the key from the ignition, and not have other keys or the remote fob hanging off it for a free bonus with it when its in the ignition (or have keyless ignition), and lock the doors even when right next to the car when getting gas, or not leave valuables in sight even though standing next to the car, or leave papers in the glove box with our name and address on it, or leave registration and insurance info in the car when not in it....(none specifically asking Rich, just general comments after he mentioned getting gas)

Theres tons of youtubes of people crashing and burning when trying to walk and text at the same time. Yes, its pretty amazing what so many people will do and be totally oblivious to whats happening around them.

Did we do the sucker punch robbery vid yet?

Some days I feel like I’m the only one who can see, and everyone around me is blind.

Another related problem is that some females (and some males too) won’t look at people in public because they think it invites problems.

It’s easy to create a virtual reality of false security.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 06-02-2018 at 11:11 AM.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

I feel like I have missed a lesson.

I’m among friends, so let me ask: should I not keep a copy of my insurance card and registration in my glove box?

I feel like I have missed a lesson.

I’m among friends, so let me ask: should I not keep a copy of my insurance card and registration in my glove box?
    I do keep my registration there still, though I've considered digitizing it.

My insurance company has a phone app with readily-displayed cards, so that's what I use. In my experience LE is fine with that nowadays.

The concern, I suppose, is similar to that of a woman having her purse snatched or a man having his wallet stolen: the thief now knows where you live if he smashes your window.

I do keep enough cash in the car to get me home should I need it, though it's in a compartment so as not to attract attention.

User Tag List