Thread: G19 gen 3 frame reassembly

G19 gen 3 frame reassembly

Long story short I was having erratic ejection after 7500ish rounds. So I watched some videos and took the frame apart and replaced the ejector. It was chipped. Reassembled the frame (making sure the trigger spring was in correctly) checked it with a snap cap and it seems to function fine. Then I started thinking that was way to simple I had to goof something up. So I took the SCD off put on the armorers plate and it looks like I’ve got about 2/3 engagement with the firing pin lug.

All that to ask, is it actually that simple to take a Glock apart and reassemble it? It seemed way to easy. It appears that you either put it back together right or if doesn’t go back together. My concern is making sure I didn’t miss something and make the gun unsafe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zart312 View Post
    Long story short I was having erratic ejection after 7500ish rounds. So I watched some videos and took the frame apart and replaced the ejector. It was chipped. Reassembled the frame (making sure the trigger spring was in correctly) checked it with a snap cap and it seems to function fine. Then I started thinking that was way to simple I had to goof something up. So I took the SCD off put on the armorers plate and it looks like I’ve got about 2/3 engagement with the firing pin lug.

All that to ask, is it actually that simple to take a Glock apart and reassemble it? It seemed way to easy. It appears that you either put it back together right or if doesn’t go back together. My concern is making sure I didn’t miss something and make the gun unsafe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There are many reasons my primary firearms are Glocks, and ease of disassembly and reassembly is high on the list.

For the most part, it either goes together correctly or not at all. The exceptions I can think of are:

1) It is possible to install the slide lock (not the slide stop lever) backward, resulting in the slide flying off the frame upon firing. Embarrassing.

2) It is possible to install the extractor depressor plunger, spring loaded bearing, and associated spring backward. Remember metal to metal, plastic to plastic. The gun will often function reasonably well with it installed incorrectly, but sometimes it won't.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Site Supporter
    It's also possible to install the trigger return spring upside down. When the spring legs are attached to the trigger bar and the trigger housing, and before you insert the trigger bar into the trigger housing, view the pulled apart collection from the right. The trigger return spring should depict an "S" as you're looking at it from the right. Then nest the trigger bar into the housing and install into the frame.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

User Tag List