Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: ID this pistol

My first thought was a tt-33.

Sights, hammer and solid trigger all make me think tokerev over cz.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I'm at a gun shop looking at a Norinco clone of Tok. Looks real close.

Name:  20180602_115301.jpg
Views: 695
Size:  32.8 KB
    Last edited by BehindBlueI's; 06-02-2018 at 10:53 AM.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I'm at a gun shop looking at a Norinco clone of Tok. Looks real close.

Name:  20180602_115301.jpg
Views: 695
Size:  32.8 KB
    I would have said Tok all the way... but a Tok looks a little too long, to me.

Also.... it seems like maybe the dustcover extends all the way out to the muzzle? Though it's tough to see for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Can anyone ID this pistol for me? It is work-related...

Were shell casings recovered that might help us narrow down caliber?
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    I dunno... seems like the CZ 50/72 has more of a beavertail-ish protuberance over the hand, than the mystery pistol? And though you can't fully see the muzzle in the mystery pic, it seems to lack that "scooped out" look which the 50s/72s/52s have. The Toks do have a channel in which the hammer lays, when un-cocked. Not sure if that's what you meant... But, I have a new idea:

CZ-27? (or 24)

The beavertail (or lack thereof) area seems about right. Hammer seems right. Length seems right. And I think the way the trigger guard flows into the dustcover looks right.

Maybe...
    I think Matty is on to something with the continuous radius of the flow of the trigger guard into the dustcover. The Vz 24/27 also have a flat on the top of the slide that might account for some of the reflection.

It's gotta be one of the CZ/VZ's based on the flat angle on the rear of the slide and then the straight drop on the back of the frame. Also the loli-pop hammer shape. Caliber would help eliminate some contenders.
    Last edited by FNFAN; 06-02-2018 at 01:35 PM.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Can anyone ID this pistol for me? It is work-related...

CZ-52.
    Look at how much of the top of the slide and rear sight is visible. The pistol is being held at a angle (about a quarter gangsta). That angle means that you are seeing more of the width of the slide and that hides the tapered dust cover

We don’t know the caliber, sorry.

Thank you, again, for everyone’s assistance.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 357carbine View Post
    CZ-52.
    Look at how much of the top of the slide and rear sight is visible. The pistol is being held at a angle (about a quarter gangsta). That angle means that you are seeing more of the width of the slide and that hides the tapered dust cover
    Maybe. But the dust cover looks reasonably well defined to me, in spite of the angle... and it just doesn't have the rake of the CZ-52 (or the shark nose). And this gun looks shorter--both the 52 and the Tok seem like they're longer than this gun. Though this all may be explained as optical anomalies.

Honestly, I'd be more likely to believe a CZ-52 was used in a crime than a WWII-era CZ-24/27; nevertheless, I still think the silhouette is more consistent with the latter.
    Last edited by MattyD380; 06-02-2018 at 04:24 PM.

User Tag List