Thread: Home Defense Shotgun, Culpeper Va, July 21

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar

Home Defense Shotgun, Culpeper Va, July 21

On July 21st I will be presenting Home Defense Shotgun in Culpeper, Va.

The shotgun can do many things, but in this class we focus on the information and skills most relevant to defensive use of the shotgun in the home or in a business. Whether you have experience using the shotgun for hunting or even if you've never even fired a shotgun before, this class is designed to meet you where you are and make you truly competent with the shotgun as a defensive weapon.

In class we will cover important topics like:

- The features and dangers of home invasions

- The benefits of the shotgun in the home defense role

- Selection/configuration of the defensive shotgun

- Proper ammunition selection

- Reliable loading and operation of the shotgun

- Shooting technique and recoil management

- Patterning

By the end of the course students will demonstrate competence in the handling, loading, and rapid, accurate use of the shotgun at common home defense distances. At the end of the day students will shoot a shotgun qualification course.

Students will require 200 rounds of birdshot and 50 rounds of buckshot, 10 of which should be quality defensive ammunition you would actually use for defense. (Federal's LE Flight Control ammunition would be a good example)

You don't even need a shotgun to attend...I have loaner guns available if you don't have a gun but would like to take the course. In fact, if you don't yet have a shotgun and are considering a purchase I would actually encourage you to hold off on buying a gun and use one of my loaners. You will probably find the information presented in class to be enormously helpful in selecting a defensive shotgun. If you would like to use a loaner, simply contact me here through the private message feature of the forum or through email ahead of time to let me know you need a gun:

tim@fpftraining.com

You can sign up through the FPF Training website:

https://www.fpftraining.com/products...efense-shotgun

Here is a review of the last Home Defense Shotgun course written by Brett Harnish of Green Ops:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....mber-11th-2017
    3/15/2016

We only have a couple of seats left in this class...if you want one, don't hesitate.
    3/15/2016

Due to popular demand we've increased the number of seats in this class...but the couple of extra seats likely won't last long, so don't dither!

...but don't think we are going to compromise instruction for more seats. To help meet the demand of this class I'm pleased to bring in Ashton Ray (ARay here on the forum) of 360 Performance Shooting to instruct with me in this class.

Ashton is a gifted instructor and a good friend...he will be an invaluable addition to the presentation of this class.
    3/15/2016

User Tag List