Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: "For Sale or Trade" Feedback Thread

Just had nice transactions with Doc_Glock and gringop.

The big box o' holsters isn't any emptier, but it's different.

I don't do a lot of horsetrading, mostly giving stuff away when I can...but I just remembered that I had a fully satisfactory purchase I made from @Guerrero a year or two back...and it shouldn't be overlooked. If I'm forgetting any other such transaction, forgive my oversight.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Is this guy a bad egg?

I have not seen any negative feedback on this thread so I’ll float this question first: Say a member lists a Gen 4 Glock 17 for sale. The pistol is described as having various improvements, including aftermarket sights and a Striker Control Device (aka a gadget). There is no photo with the listing, but it’s just a Glock. The asking price seems reasonable and I have wanted to try one of the SCDs for some time, so I send the funds.

The pistol finally shows up and it has no SCD on it. When queried, the member said he thought it had one on it. No offer to make it right. His last transmission was, “Sorry about that.”

So I’m already not happy when I noticed the rear sight was 1/10” off-center so I stuck laser bore sighter in the barrel to see if it was out of whack. The windage was wrong and, in fact, I can push the rear sight over to center with my thumb. Been too busy with work to ascertain whether he filed the dovetail or just ruined the rear sight. I asked if he knew the sight was loose but got no response. A quick trip to the range confirmed that the pistol at least operates properly.

Is this simply Caveat Emptor on my part or is this guy a dick? It'd be one thing if it was a gun show acquisition, but that is far from the case. Its been three weeks and I feel like the love has gone out of our relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    I have not seen any negative feedback on this thread so I’ll float this question first: Say a member lists a Gen 4 Glock 17 for sale. The pistol is described as having various improvements, including aftermarket sights and a Striker Control Device (aka a gadget). There is no photo with the listing, but it’s just a Glock. The asking price seems reasonable and I have wanted to try one of the SCDs for some time, so I send the funds.

The pistol finally shows up and it has no SCD on it. When queried, the member said he thought it had one on it. No offer to make it right. His last transmission was, “Sorry about that.”

So I’m already not happy when I noticed the rear sight was 1/10” off-center so I stuck laser bore sighter in the barrel to see if it was out of whack. The windage was wrong and, in fact, I can push the rear sight over to center with my thumb. Been too busy with work to ascertain whether he filed the dovetail or just ruined the rear sight. I asked if he knew the sight was loose but got no response. A quick trip to the range confirmed that the pistol at least operates properly.

Is this simply Caveat Emptor on my part or is this guy a dick? It'd be one thing if it was a gun show acquisition, but that is far from the case. Its been three weeks and I feel like the love has gone out of our relationship.
    IMHO, a deal is not consummated until both parties are satisfied, unless it has been specified up front that all sales are final and no return is acceptable.

Under the same set of circumstances you have presented, were it me, I would be (far) less than satisfied as well...but will stop short of saying that you were intentionally deceived.

It does not do the good people of this forum who have rightly earned high marks for integrity, the justice they deserve. Again, imho.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Did a deal with @MasterBlaster. Pleased to say he is a man of his word. Would do another deal anytime.

Had a smooth deal with excellent communications with @theJanitor.
    Highly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    Had a smooth deal with excellent communications with @theJanitor.
    Highly recommended.
    The feeling is mutual

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    IMHO, a deal is not consummated until both parties are satisfied, unless it has been specified up front that all sales are final and no return is acceptable.

Under the same set of circumstances you have presented, were it me, I would be (far) less than satisfied as well...but will stop short of saying that you were intentionally deceived.

It does not do the good people of this forum who have rightly earned high marks for integrity, the justice they deserve. Again, imho.
    Yeah, I guess i'll have to let him live. But if I ever get to the UP, a shot of spray adhesive on his gas pedal sounds about right.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post

I vote Dick, and that is a bummer.

@KneeShot hooked my up with a Keeper. Easy to do work with [emoji294][emoji294][emoji294][emoji294][emoji294]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

User Tag List