Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: "For Sale or Trade" Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Excellent purchase from Kanye Wyoming. He gave me the P-F discount on a nice heater. Thanks bro.
    Just saw this. Thanks BL.

BL is solid. Well, for a guy from Washington State that is.

My two transactions so far, with @runcible and @Cooper, were both excellent.

I think the point of the thread is to let other members know who is GTG and who to avoid. This sounds like a person who I would avoid but I have no idea at this point who it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    I have not seen any negative feedback on this thread so I’ll float this question first: Say a member lists a Gen 4 Glock 17 for sale. The pistol is described as having various improvements, including aftermarket sights and a Striker Control Device (aka a gadget). There is no photo with the listing, but it’s just a Glock. The asking price seems reasonable and I have wanted to try one of the SCDs for some time, so I send the funds.

The pistol finally shows up and it has no SCD on it. When queried, the member said he thought it had one on it. No offer to make it right. His last transmission was, “Sorry about that.”

So I’m already not happy when I noticed the rear sight was 1/10” off-center so I stuck laser bore sighter in the barrel to see if it was out of whack. The windage was wrong and, in fact, I can push the rear sight over to center with my thumb. Been too busy with work to ascertain whether he filed the dovetail or just ruined the rear sight. I asked if he knew the sight was loose but got no response. A quick trip to the range confirmed that the pistol at least operates properly.

Is this simply Caveat Emptor on my part or is this guy a dick? It'd be one thing if it was a gun show acquisition, but that is far from the case. Its been three weeks and I feel like the love has gone out of our relationship.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    I think the point of the thread is to let other members know who is GTG and who to avoid. This sounds like a person who I would avoid but I have no idea at this point who it is.
    Steer clear of Up1911Fan.

@Clark Jackson went above and beyond for me with our transaction. He was busy with work and wasn't able to ship as soon as he hoped so he upgraded his shipping to next-day for me so the item would come in ASAP. He did this automatically without asking and shows how much of a standup guy he is.

Absolute pleasure to do business with.

tango-papa is good to go!

@tango-papa is a great seller. Very prompt communication and quick to ship.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    @tango-papa is a great seller. Very prompt communication and quick to ship.
    @FNFAN is good-to-go for doing some business.

I did not realize there was a feedback thread until FNFAN gave me some feedback...

Hats off to EricM!

After the not so stellar transaction with @Up1911Fan, I got a pm from @EricM graciously offering me a set of sights for the Glock to replace the loose one. When the package arrived, lo and behold, it contains not just the sights but an SCD, too! So my Glock is now set up as it was supposed to be compliments of EricM's generosity. Many thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    After the not so stellar transaction with @Up1911Fan, I got a pm from @EricM graciously offering me a set of sights for the Glock to replace the loose one. When the package arrived, lo and behold, it contains not just the sights but an SCD, too! So my Glock is now set up as it was supposed to be compliments of EricM's generosity. Many thanks!
    That's a special kind of guy, there. My hat's off to him...and I'm really glad you got things sorted out the way they should have been from the jump.

Kudos to you, @EricM
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Regretfully, I cannot edit my master tome, upthread, but I want to make sure that folks know that @UNK, @swampyank33, and @Cecil Burch are solid.

I freaking love this place. Granted it can get expensive, but still.

User Tag List