Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Small fanny pack?

Quote Originally Posted by Grouse870 View Post
    Attachment 26733Attachment 26732
    I picked up a small fanny pack from Walmart that I use for running it fits my shield perfectly. I carry my wallet and sometimes my phone and keys. So there a little bit of room in it.
    That one sounds great. How easy it to access, being that it was not designed to be a holster?
    "Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty" ~ Thomas Jefferson

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Take a look at the Safepacker, made by “The Wilderness” dot com. It can be worn on a masculine or feminine belt, as a belt pouch holster, which will make it more secure than, uh, “fanny* pack” rigs, or can be worn with an optional adapter, to be worn in the style of a “fanny” pack. The Safepacker can be hand-carried, with or without a wrist/hand strap, and can be worn on a shoulder strap, or piggy-backed onto a larger bag or backpack.

The Safepacker is stiff enough, so that a Vanguard-type trigger cover is not necessary.

Before AZ had legal concealed carry, the Safepacker was AZ-legal for open carry, which was legal at the time, because AZ did not require that the firearm, itself, be visible, if the holster/case was visible. The Safepacker met AZ’s definition of a holster or case. This may well still be true, in AZ, BUT MAY NOT BE TRUE IN OTHER JURISDICTIONS.

*”Fanny” has a much different meaning outside the USA. I realize that this forum is mostly read in the USA, but I read other forums with a much more international membership, so am aware of this.
    No permit required open carry is still legal in AZ, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    No permit required open carry is still legal in AZ, btw.
    So is concealed carry without a permit for that matter. I love AZ.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    So is concealed carry without a permit for that matter. I love AZ.
    QFT.

Quote Originally Posted by JATA View Post
    That one sounds great. How easy it to access, being that it was not designed to be a holster?
    It’s not sub second but it’s not bad. Honestly haven’t timed it though but the zipper has a rather large pull thingy.
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

Might also be worth looking at camera bags, there's some cross over (like the need to quickly access cameras with one hand...for example https://mountainsmith.com/sidekick-medium.html)

Late to the party, but...

I've had really good luck with Patagonia's "Lightweight Travel Mini Hip Pack." It only sees carry use for me when running and cycling, but it's quite functional. It'll fit a full-sized auto, but I tend to carry a more compact pistol in this role (generally a P239). It cinches down really well to limit bouncing or flopping. And being Patagonia, it's pretty much the epitome of "Hippy-flage".

http://www.patagonia.com/product/lig...SABEgItmvD_BwE

I don't think you're fooling anyone with this but it's well made and looks good in grey

https://www.emdomusa.com/Emdom-Recon...g-p/eu047a.htm

Another vote for a small Safepacker. They're durable, somewhat inconspicuous, don't shout "Ugly American"/tourist, and The Wilderness is a great outfit; I've used their stuff since the early 1990s, and all my original equipment from them is still completely functional; they even revelcroed my belts for a very nominal sum when needed. Best, Jon

I've been using a KG pack at the gym for the last few weeks. Was planning on running it for a while before posting a short review but it looks like their website is down. I hope it's just temporary

http://kgproducts.com/BELTBAGS.html

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

User Tag List