Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Small fanny pack?

Small fanny pack?

Can y'all recommend a good fanny pack for a Shield? It is for a female BUT a female who isn't too concerned with molle loops and such. It can look girly, it can look tactical, doesn't matter. Biggest concern, other that build quality, is - (1) the "phone pocket" (if it has one) has to accommodate a Note (2) I don't want extra gun room. I want it big enough for a small auto and that's it.

I've been looking around, online, but without holding them it is hard to tell so I thought maybe some of y'all had some hands on with a few of the more popular brands.

Doesn't matter if it "screams gun" we're an OC state, anyway, so deep concealment isn't a real concern.

I'm specifically looking for input on fanny packs, not whether there is a better method of carry or why they are a bad idea.

I wore one, for a little while, back in '06ish. Handy little thing but don't recall the brand just that the stitching ended up ripping out.
    "Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty" ~ Thomas Jefferson

Site Supporter
    If you check the law enforcement sections of the Hawkepaks website, you'll find several fanny packs of good quality.

Site Supporter
    My favorite concealment fanny pack is the original stealth pack from Coronado Leather. They look significantly less like gun packs than almost anything else, and I have used multiple be in a couple of light non permissive environments.

My most commonly used pack is a Tommy’s Gun Pack. This pack has more room for stuff other than the gun. Sign up for their email list and wait for a sale. Their regular prices are outrageous, but the sales are often insanely good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Sorry I don't have a good recommendation, but just to add a data point - the 5.11 version (https://www.511tactical.com/select-c...tol-pouch.html) will NOT fit your needs. I have one and like it, but it doesn't line up with what you've described (it has a good amount of gun room, not much for a cell phone, barely enough room for a set of keys). Hope that helps.

Appreciate it!
    "Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty" ~ Thomas Jefferson

Tommy's gun pack is out:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....mmy-s-Gunpacks

I agree that the 5.11 is a no-go........worthless for anything other than the gun.

I was about to recommend the Kabar TDI pack, but it looks like it is unavailable as well.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

I use a Mountain Smith fanny pack from REI adapted with a raven vanguard on a dummy cord. I have the 5.11 pack and it's better designed but sort of screams gun to me.

Site Supporter
    Tommy's is still available on eBay... for now..
    https://www.ebay.com/usr/tommysgunpa...p2047675.l2559
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by underhook View Post
    I have the 5.11 pack and it's better designed but sort of screams gun to me.
    The 5.11 is well designed for the gun....but nothing else. It would have far more utility with at least a zippered pouch on the front of the bag that you could carry a smartphone in.
    Last edited by Chuck Whitlock; 06-02-2018 at 09:15 AM.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Name:  E49CAB80-637A-4DDB-83BF-A657121A524F.jpg
Views: 779
Size:  37.7 KBName:  9354DC3B-3B2B-4308-9424-31275FD5695C.jpg
Views: 767
Size:  42.0 KB
    I picked up a small fanny pack from Walmart that I use for running it fits my shield perfectly. I carry my wallet and sometimes my phone and keys. So there a little bit of room in it.
    Last edited by Grouse870; 06-02-2018 at 11:37 AM.
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

User Tag List