Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carrying the Torch

Carrying the Torch

Purchased one of these flashlight holsters and it seems good to go. About 10 days from order date to showing up in the mailbox. Snaps onto to belt nicely and holds the light securely close to the body. Since the light is inserted and removed from the top, only a straight tailcap will work. Holds any 1-inch body light;

http://www.kytexgear.com/products-pa...-6pg2-carrier/

Been looking for a light / carrier combo that allows bezel down carry, but seems like most are supporting bezel up. Is there a reason why?

Quote Originally Posted by GNRPowdeR View Post
    Been looking for a light / carrier combo that allows bezel down carry, but seems like most are supporting bezel up. Is there a reason why?
    There are some SF holsters that carry bezel-down, which is how I prefer to carry a light clipped to the inside of a pocket. For belt carry this design seems more compact and concealable than bezel-down holsters, though I'm still faster with light-on-target with a bezel-down light pulled from a pocket. This one is certainly secure and carries a larger light comfortably.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    For belt carry this design seems more compact and concealable than bezel-down holsters, though I'm still faster with light-on-target with a bezel-down light pulled from a pocket.
    And this is why I prefer one bezel down. I was loving the specs for SureFire Double Fuel stuff this year, but every one is bezel up without the option to flip the clip.

So I inserted the light from the bottom, bezel down. The light is held securely and is quite fast out of the holster and on-target. I can slide my index finger into the lanyard easily as part of the draw. I'll run it this way and see if I have any issues.

Site Supporter
    For a bezel down option, the basic light pouch from Custom Carry Concepts works well, and is very concealable. That is what I have been using for my Klarus XT2C for a couple of years now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Could be the way people are drawing the light.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I had a Kytex holder for a SF 6P.
    It works great, but beware.....I cracked it at the apex of the belt loop by "plopping" myself down into a narrow armchair, catching the bottom of the pouch on the arm of the chair. Be mindful of that, and you should be OK.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by robs9 View Post
    Could be the way people are drawing the light.
    Yes. In the photo of my OP, I have the light pushed in past the slightly larger diameter ring with the Malkoff info inscribed, so it fits really tight. If I don't push the larger diameter section into the holster, the light comes out bezel-up more quickly. With a little practice I'm seeing speed-on-target could be just as quick. This is working better than the bezel-down configuration shown in the second photo, so I'm done with that experiment.

@NH Shooter

Thank you for your help!

User Tag List