Thread: AIWB Skills & Essential Handgun Skills, Spencer Keepers @ KR Training May 26-27, 2018

AIWB Skills & Essential Handgun Skills, Spencer Keepers @ KR Training May 26-27, 2018

Been a long time since I've been active here, but this past weekend (May 26-27, 2018) was fortunate to be able to take 2 classes from Spencer Keepers: his AIWB SKills class, and his Essential Handgun Skills class. Hosted by Karl Rehn at KR Training.

Both were excellent classes. It was great to finally meet Spencer and have the opportunity to learn from him.

https://blog.hsoi.com/2018/05/31/tra...pers-may-2018/

Thans for the write up man!!! it was a pleasure to spend time on the rage with you.

a few reason why I do the lecture first in AIWB Skills
    1, I normally have folks use loaner hostlers so I want to talk about them before folks use them so they will have an idea of the why's
    2, It gives students a chance to adjust there holsters better if needed before we shoot
    3, It lets them see the theory and how it applies to the shooting part.

Down sides of AIWB, I kinda mention them but dont have like a segment on them per say. 1. done improperly its very uncomfortable, folks that try a strong side holster int he AIWB position for example.
    2, IF you dont use proper re-holstering procedures you will cover yourself. ( thats why we spend so much time on hips forward) 3 AIWB isn't for everyone some body types will not be able to make it work well for them and thats OK.

Next time lets do this in like December.... LOL
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Quote Originally Posted by Prdator View Post
    Thans for the write up man!!! it was a pleasure to spend time on the rage with you.

a few reason why I do the lecture first in AIWB Skills
    1, I normally have folks use loaner hostlers so I want to talk about them before folks use them so they will have an idea of the why's
    2, It gives students a chance to adjust there holsters better if needed before we shoot
    3, It lets them see the theory and how it applies to the shooting part.

Down sides of AIWB, I kinda mention them but dont have like a segment on them per say. 1. done improperly its very uncomfortable, folks that try a strong side holster int he AIWB position for example.
    2, IF you dont use proper re-holstering procedures you will cover yourself. ( thats why we spend so much time on hips forward) 3 AIWB isn't for everyone some body types will not be able to make it work well for them and thats OK.

Next time lets do this in like December.... LOL
    Thanx for the clarifications -- yeah, i think the easy solution to the first part is holding class in December.

User Tag List