Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HK45C/ Streamlight TLR-7(8) Custom Key

Not sure where to post this ... Any idea if this would work with a gen one M&P Compact? The older one with only two rail slots on the frame?

Looking at pictures we should be able to develop a solution for it. Without specific measurements, though, I can't tell you definitively. In general terms for compacts, if the rear face of a rail slot is at least 0.605" from where the light contacts the triggerguard when slid all the way to the rear of the rail, I can design a key to work.
    Last edited by mfrey; 07-12-2018 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mfrey View Post
    Here's a quick measuring guide for anyone interested in having me work out a solution for their set-up. Along with these measurements, I'll need photos of the rail and, if possible, how the light sits on the gun when pushed up against the triggerguard.

Measurements can be in English or metric but it's important to be accurate. You'll need calipers or a micrometer. A ruler won't suffice.

Finally have a PX4C, TLR7/8 & new battery for my calipers.

A: 0.630"
    B: 0.946: (from back of rail slot to front of trigger guard)
    C: ??? Maybe 2 drinks is too much for me to figure this out. It fits the U rails, not the 1913? Not sure if that's the question...
    D: 0.258 (*NOTE* the serial number plate is cut through the middle of the rail, but does not have clear access from the muzzle of the pistol)

PM sent.
    I may be a little late to the party, but I'm getting an HK45C shortly and would love to have an easier solution than breaking out the dremel. Sending a pm!

These work really, really well.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

I have an HK45CT and would love one of these keys. What do I need to do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want...

Hi guys, first post...

Like many of you who run HK45Cs, it has been a frustrating pursuit finding a duty-capable weaponlight that will fit the truncated rail of the 45C. I’ve waited pensively every SHOT show, year after year, hoping for “that light.” This year, the new Streamlight TLR-7 and -8 seemed to be the ones that would end that cycle of frustration but when the showfloor dust settled it turned out that they wouldn’t fit either.

Some folks found a way to turn one of the stock keys around backwards and do some filing to make the light fit the 45C but I designed a 3D-printed solution to allow use of the Streamlight TLR-7 and -8 on the HK45C natively.

This design shares the same basic geometry as the stock keyset but moves the recoil lug to the rear of cross-bolt to allow it to interface with the center slot of the pistol’s rail. In addition to the relocation of the lug, the key incorporates two other design features: a central, longitudinal rib to impart stiffness to the platform as well as tensioning tabs on the rear of the recoil lug which help to eliminate slop in the interface between the light and the pistol and keep the laser zeroed under recoil.

I outsourced the design to an industry-leading industrial printer to print on their new HP Multi Jet Fusion machine in PA11 nylon and was very pleased with the result.

Inserted into the key recess of the light with crossbolt and clamp in place.

You want a little room between the light and the trigger guard to account for frame flex during the kinetics of the shot.

*If anyone is interested in one, let me know. I can have more printed.
    PM sent.

Key for PX4 Compact

Brilliant. PM sent.

Hey all.... I just came across this forum and post... I'm running a Beretta PX4 Storm Compact with Streamlight TLR8... has anyone had any luck finding or making the custom key?

Thanks!

Ken

User Tag List