Thread: Thoughts on DarK Star P365XL Hitchhiker

Thoughts on DarK Star P365XL Hitchhiker

One of my boys is looking at a Dark Star P365XL Hitchhiker holster. Wanting to hear what those who have one think about it. Trying to turn him to JMCK but you know how kids are-gotta be different.
    I know Dark Star makes good holsters. Did a couple of searches on here and couldn’t find anything so thought I’d reach out this way
    Thanks ahead of time

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad0011 View Post
    One of my boys is looking at a Dark Star P365XL Hitchhiker holster. Wanting to hear what those who have one think about it. Trying to turn him to JMCK but you know how kids are-gotta be different.
    I know Dark Star makes good holsters. Did a couple of searches on here and couldn’t find anything so thought I’d reach out this way
    Thanks ahead of time
    I just so happen to have that holster on right now. I personally don't think either a JMCK or the hitchhiker would be a mistake. The one thing that I believe will set them apart unless something has changed with the JMCK I believe it will not take a XL slide with a comp. The hitchhiker will take a xl length slide with a PMM comp. I rather like it for that reason. I would absolutely love a holster designed around the hitchhiker length and shape with a TLR7sub.

Dark Star Gear is solid. I have, and use, holsters from DSG, JMCK, and Tenicor. I think they’re equal in quality. I personally prefer the Discrete Carry Concepts clips to the spring steel clip that DSG uses, but that’s only because the DSG clip seems sized for 1.75” belts and all of my belts are 1.5” so there’s just a little bit more movement on the belt than I prefer. Tom makes great holsters and offers great customer service too.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad0011 View Post
    Thanks ahead of time
    Both DSG and JMCK are solid, as is Keepers Concealment.

That said, it’s much easier to recommend a gun for someone that a holster. Holsters are kind of like shoes, different makes and models fit individuals differently. You can have two products of equal quality and one will fit an individual better than the other.

User Tag List