Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: HK45C/ Streamlight TLR-7(8) Custom Key

Hey guys,

Just wanted to give some positive feedback about this. Contacted mfrey on a Friday, he responded to PM on Saturday and I sent $25 to him through PayPal that day. I ordered my TLR-8G from G4G guns on that same day. They had it for $209.99 which was the cheapest I could find.

Both arrived at my house yesterday. The key fits perfectly, to the millimeter. I was able to take it shooting last night and zero it out, which was really easy to do. Shot 50 rounds through it and the laser/light didn't move at all and it is really nice.

It fits perfectly and finally completed the pistol. I've had it for almost 3 years now just waiting for a laser/light that would fit it and I knew the TLR-8G was supposed to so I was really bummed when it finally came out, but didn't really support it. When I saw that this piece for sale and it was still available that the time was right!

Thanks mfrey! I think I'll be dropping you another PM to get 2 more.

Name:  IMG_20190809_165108.jpg
Views: 2236
Size:  24.3 KB

I came across this thread after searching Google to find what lights work with an HK45C and seeing that my TLR1 didn't fit so I figured it was a common problem. I created an account and contacted mfrey and he still had some on hand from his last batch. It arrived today, less than a week from contacting him, and I have to say I'm blown away. Not that I doubted his key would work, but the fit and finish is absolutely perfect. Looks even nicer than the ones that actually come with the light. Locks up extremely tight and is as close to the trigger guard as possible without touching it.

I know I'm probably beating a dead horse here, but when I'm this impressed I feel obligated to leave a review.

Name:  F416ABCD-54D0-48BD-AC59-B8FEC756C7C6.jpg
Views: 2781
Size:  26.9 KB

Thank you so much for taking the time post your feedback. I'm grateful for your kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by mfrey View Post
    Thank you so much for taking the time post your feedback. I'm grateful for your kind words.
    Hello, I just joined up to get one of these.

I'm trying to figure out how to send you a message now.

Is there any chance that I can purchase one of these also?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffa View Post
    Is there any chance that I can purchase one of these also?
    Sure, just shoot me a PM and I’ll take care of you.
    Last edited by mfrey; 12-28-2019 at 09:48 PM.

Several folks have asked if the key will function as designed with the new "A" series.

I can confirm that it does. The relevant geometry of the new switches (as it relates to the positioning of the lights on the rail in front of the trigger-guard) is consistent with the original switches. All variants of the TLR-7/8/A/G will consistently seat close to but not touching the trigger-guard.

The rear switches on the new series, though they make the switch longer, do not influence the fit given that they extend rearward on either side of the trigger-guard.

Quote Originally Posted by TDDavis View Post
    Name:  664D2DF3-64F6-4652-9D41-F7E015031381.jpg
Views: 1176
Size:  37.7 KB
    Works great with Alpha model.

Would there be enough interest for someone (either @mfrey or anyone else who has the resources and knowledge) to create a similar 3D printed key for the Surefire X300U-A or B? My TLR7 key has been working great, and I'd love something similar to mount an X300U. There apparently used to be an aluminum X300U-A plate made by a Hong Kong airsoft company, but I'm not sure if those are still being made.

User Tag List