Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a Pickup Truck Cap/Topper

Looking for a Pickup Truck Cap/Topper

Looking for a better way to haul dogs, bags, gear etc in my 2011 Tundra Crewmax.

Have been looking at hard shell cap/ tops like SnugTop, LEER and A.R.E.

Have heard SnugTops are the best, but pricey.

Anybody have any opinions on these, or just experiences with caps/tops on their trucks in general?
    Fringe class

I would check with Darryl since he is, cough, just putting one on his Raptor.

@Dagga Boy
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

http://www.snugtop.com/product/aerosport

I have one of these on a 2105 Tundra Crew Max. I bought it for the same reasons you mentioned. Friends that have other brands see mine and comment that they wish they would have went with SnugTop, they seem better built.

I just bought an A.R.E. Overland that will be installed this week. I first saw one on a Police Raptor and have wanted one ever since. My BackFlip has been nice, but family needs and actual use make the shell a more practical thing for me. I was warned off on the Raptors that you can crack the shells because of the trucks off road capability and having run my up to 90 mph off road, I can get that. At this point I have that out of my system and daily use and more conservative off road speed wins the day. I really like the Line X type material used to strengthen the shell. I have the entire bottom third of my truck Line-X'd and the bed so I like the product. First big test road trip will be at the end of June and should be desert running the truck in July so I can give better feedback. I had a snugtop on my old Lightning and really liked it as well.

http://www.4are.com/product/overland/
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I've had the same A.R.E. topper on a couple different Tacomas since 1998. The only thing I've replaced are the gas struts. Otherwise, it's still going strong. I don't have any experience with the Snugtops, but can tell you the A.R.E.s are plenty durable under hard use.

A.R.E. Is the better option imo, I have had to deal with customer complaints on other tops. Get the lighting kit if you can, sucks to try to unpack a bed with no light at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Just got it installed and home and loaded. Really happy with the look and fit.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

That turned out really well.

Last edited by David S.; 05-30-2018 at 08:44 PM.
    David S.

With the liner on your truck already, that looks really slick.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

User Tag List