Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First Session - AIWB Draw from Concealment

Button down shirts can slow you down. You'd also be amazed at how fast just using your strong side thumb to clear the cover garment is. I agree that using the weak side hand to grab, pull, and clear the cover garment is best,; but still, the thumb method is surprising.
    #RESIST

Place the palm of your strong hand at your belt buckle (12 o'clock ) and slowly move it around to where you wear your holster . You will see the hand angle change as you move it around your belt .
    When you reach the place you wear the holster , look at the angle of your hand and try wearing the holster at the same cant .

I think Mike Seeklander has the best teaching on grip and draw as anyone out there. Google "seeklander grip" and "seeklander draw" and you'll find his videos across several platforms and channels.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Button down shirts can slow you down. You'd also be amazed at how fast just using your strong side thumb to clear the cover garment is. I agree that using the weak side hand to grab, pull, and clear the cover garment is best,; but still, the thumb method is surprising.
    I use weak hand grab-pull-clear when shooting two-handed and the strong thumb technique when shooting one-handed. Seems to work out pretty well, all things considered.

Mileage.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    I use weak hand grab-pull-clear when shooting two-handed and the strong thumb technique when shooting one-handed. Seems to work out pretty well, all things considered.
    The back of the PPS is pretty much snag-free so the thumb technique works pretty well, even when I still catch the shirt a little on the draw. I definitely like the idea of using it for one-hand shooting, which is a skill of obvious importance for defensive pistolcraft.

Thanks again to all for your input!

If you can get to a @Mr_White class, that's like going to college for AIWB training. Money well spent.
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 05-31-2018 at 06:23 AM.
    #RESIST

Mike Pannone in his Covert Carry class offers a number of excellent AIWB tips & techniques.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Mike Pannone in his Covert Carry class offers a number of excellent AIWB tips & techniques.

Wow, I am really surprised how fast he reholsters, and that he does not thumb the hammer on his P07.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Wow, I am really surprised how fast he reholsters, and that he does not thumb the hammer on his P07.
    He tends to slam it home pretty fast.

That re-holstering bit makes me less upset about cancellation of the Covert Carry class I was signed up for.

User Tag List