Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    Hard accuracy requirement is hard

Hard time requirement is hard

No allowable error is hard

More than one of those is extra hard
    I'm meaning to get to this Sunday. IMO its great to have an extreme accuracy standard for training. If this is meant as a contextual self defense standard then the 1" square blows that up.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I'm meaning to get to this Sunday. IMO its great to have an extreme accuracy standard for training. If this is meant as a contextual self defense standard then the 1" square blows that up.
    Agree with you there JHC! 1" square is way smaller than any other CNS representation I've ever seen. What A GIGANTIC shifting gears element though, going from USPSA lower A-zone to a 1"square.
    Lord of the Food Court

This is my second run at it, I forgot to record the time on the first, body was clean, but -2 head.

Glock 17 with RMR, comp, and WML
    JM OWB 34wml holster (no concealment)
    Fail
    Rawtime COM: 3.02
    Total raw time: 4.99
    Hits: 5 (-1 head)
    Still having trouble finding the dot from non-AIWB holsters, If I am being honest, my one paster hit was more luck than skill.
    Definitely a good time management drill too.

I had less tape in my bag than I thought. T1 was negatively taped, T2 positively
    T1 clean
    Name:  20180622_100946.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  50.4 KB
    T2 (missed the head)
    Name:  20180622_100953.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  76.8 KB
    (both are used match targets, the four A zones are from my two runs)

Gun and holster used: Gen5 G17 in a Keeper concealed under a polo shirt

Pass or fail: nine failed attempts, passed on the tenth try

Raw time for the 4 COM shots: 2.38

Total raw time: 4.73

How many hits: 6

Anything you noticed: I have a bunch of thoughts. It took me ten tries to shoot it clean. In the failed attempts, I had a C on two runs and the rest I missed one or both 1" squares by a small amount (some 1/4" out, some an inch, etc.)

The 1" square at ten yards feels out of proportion to the size of the target zone in the body. If you told me to make up a variation along the same lines, I'd probably use the upper half of the lower A-zone, and maybe a 2" circle in the head. That would still promote a very high accuracy standard in my view.

I don't have any problem saying I'm not the most accurate shooter around. I do think that a 1" square at 10 yards requires a pretty accurate pistol and ammo, and virtually zero human error added to the equation. That's going to be very difficult in slow fire (I can hit a 1" square at 10 yards in slow fire about a third of the time and the rest of the shots are right in there but don't hit it.) In a multi-part drill, even more. Under time pressure too, even more. I do love a crazy hard challenge, so I appreciate the drill from that standpoint at least. And again, hat off to Chuck Pressburg for shooting it clean on his video. Outstanding shooting, no question.

Lord of the Food Court

User Tag List