Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shopping for 1.5" dress gun belt...recommendations?

Site Supporter
    If black is the color you need, the Daltech Force Super-Bio works great. They also offer leather belts on their site and I think they are running some sales this weekend.

I like the 511 dress belts which all have an inner polymer liner.
    Last edited by fatdog; 05-26-2018 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    +1 for JRC He can make it as nice as you want. http://jrcholsters.com/index.php/acc...s/custom-belts
    I have a deep and unyielding lust for one of his alligator hornback belts.

JRC is quality, and will last a lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I have a deep and unyielding lust for one of his alligator hornback belts.

JRC is quality, and will last a lifetime.
    I love mine! I have a gorgeous full rig from Jim and it is a favorite. Daily, I have also had great success with a couple Mean Gene Leather belts with the Ares Gear buckles that have been outstanding for daily use. Also been well served in the past with Sparks, Bulman and others.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

The Daltech biothane belts are awesome. My only gripe is that my body weight tends to fluctuate quite a bit so i could never really get the belt as tight or as loose as i wanted it to be. Granted, im spoiled by having worn infinitely adjustable velcro based belts for the last fifteen years of my life.

I will argue that a 1.5" belt is simply too tall to be considered a proper dress belt for most folks; 1.25" is probably the limit. Thus, I present you, the Magpul Tejas El Empresario: https://www.magpul.com/products/magp...-el-empresario

That being said, if you don't care, Magpul also makes plenty of 1.5" belts, too, along with the requisite JRC plug (although I'm not terribly fond of the buckles seen in the pictures; I had him custom make me a 1.18" belt with a buckle I provided).
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 05-26-2018 at 01:42 PM.

Site Supporter
    I've been using two belts from Kore Essentials lately with suits and sport coat/slacks. I don't see myself changing anytime soon either. Price is great and I really like the ratchet style adjustments. Here's a link for the brown one:

https://www.koreessentials.com/colle...orced-belt-set
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    I've been using two belts from Kore Essentials lately with suits and sport coat/slacks. I don't see myself changing anytime soon either. Price is great and I really like the ratchet style adjustments. Here's a link for the brown one:

https://www.koreessentials.com/colle...orced-belt-set
    Nice! I'm going to grab an X3 for church. Very incognito.

Thanks for the tip.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by 52Hubcap View Post
    I'm wanting a black 1-1/2" dress gun belt. I have 2 now--a black Hank's that is too big (not very dressy either), and a brown AlienGear with steel insert which I really like. AlienGear no longer sells them and referred me to Big Dog Gunbelts. What maker do you like?
    Oops, it's actually Bigfoot Gun belts, not Big Dog!

I have been wearing Milt Sparks belts for dress, works daily wear, etc since my early 20s and see no reason to go elsewhere. They are built to last a lifetime with proper care.

User Tag List