Thread: Beretta Nano - Updates?

Site Supporter

Beretta Nano - Updates?

I'm thinking about getting one of these for when I need a less-than-full-size carry gun. I did a search and there was a good bit of info from several years ago, and the remarks were...less than enthusiastic. Does anyone have more recent experience with these? Have the issues seen with the early ones been resolved? The folks on the Beretta forum who have them seem pretty pleased, but that's a fan forum.

Plan B is a police trade-in M&Pc 1.0 in .40 S&W. I've got the full-size version in the same caliber with a dozen mags so there would be less investment, but it's kinda chunky.

I had a couple for a few years, but sold them when the Glock 43 came out. They weren't bad, but the trigger pull was really long and the sight's height over bore was way more than I liked. The Glock 43 or Shield are better in pretty much every way.
    Last edited by CleverNickname; 05-25-2018 at 09:47 PM.

Site Supporter
    I got a G26 and a pair of G42s instead of Nanos. My wife likes shooting the G42 like she never has any small 9mm, so I got a pair for commonality of holsters, magazines, and parts in the pocket gun. G26 is mostly a discreet belt gun. I have bigger and heavier, but these work and make life easy.

My wife has a nano. A little over 1000 rounds through it, including premium defense ammo, not a hiccup yet.

A friend of mine has had every micro 9 known to man. The Nano worked but the shape seems funky overall. The base plate of the magazine seems like it would make carrying a spare difficult/weird.

If I were buying a micro 9 it would be a G43 or a Walther.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

The Nano is certainly small and compact but it comes at the price of not being very shootable (at least for me). The trigger is long, and in mine, a little gritty. When you take the trigger, small sights, and small grip it can make it a bit of a hurdle.

I did have one failure to extract at round 75 with Blazer brass and it has worked fine since but I have less than 300 rounds through it.

I can shoot my Shield much better but it is slightly larger.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

In my opinion the Nano is in the deep cover or back up gun category of pistols. It’s much smaller than the Shield, PPS or G42. This makes it not as “shootable” for me. It’s pretty much on its own class as far as size and portability. I turned one into a project pistol last year upgrading trigger pull, sights and adding a slide release lever, (frame mod, fit & silver solder G42 slide release lever to slide lock), that worked well. I posted details on this forum so check it out if you are interested. For what it is, (deep cover/BUG), it is a sweet pistol and fills that role very well.

User Tag List