Thread: AAR: FPF Training (John Murphy), "Concealed Carry: ASAT", May 19-20, 2018

AAR: FPF Training (John Murphy), "Concealed Carry: ASAT", May 19-20, 2018

I've posted a detailed AAR of John Murphy's "Concealed Carry: Advanced Skills and Tactics" class from this past weekend to my blog. Class was awesome, lots of good material presented. If you get the chance, train with Murphy!

John

https://wp.me/p6gwfx-2ip

I was a participant as well. This was my first class, unless you count an Appleseed...

Of course I learned a ton, but IMO the greatest benifit I experienced was the whole class as a stress test. By that I mean, we had a long class day, with tons of well organized and presented material, that need to be integated into Sundays practical application. Sunday was a long range day, that required safe, for me AIWB, gun handling(hot range), accurate shooting in fast paced, complicated drills. For example, late in the day, John's drills incorporated, observation, verbal deescalation, shooting multiple targets if appropriate, communication with bystanders and police, and wound management, in one drill. Pretty intense, at least for a newbie like me.

I felt the course was a value. No time was wasted, working lunches, all questions were answered with thoughtful, intelligent, experience based responses. Full days, no dinking around. Also sarcasm was encouraged, very important IMO!!!

Pelham Fish and Game is a great facility. Their contact, Doug, was very helpful and responsive pregame. The facility has multiple ranges, one with individual 'micro bays'. Our class was in it's own building. They have a nice club house with real bathrooms, multiple port a johns for convenience, covered tables at each range, etc etc. It's just a little too close to Massachusetts, miss an exit and you're a felon.

We don't get many P-F vetted instructors in this part of the country. I hope Mr. Murphy and others, will consider coming this way again.

Thanks John!!!

User Tag List