Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shorts?

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    What brand of shorts - don't suck don't look goofy, and don't cost $75+ a pair?

I'm 5'7-5'8" so I need/want 7-9" inseam, four pockets (two hip, two back) NO cargo pockets, prefer button flap rear pockets. Quick drying material (it's summer, I get wet), maybe one that doesn't stain easily. Come in grey/charcoal/green, don't weigh a frickin' ton (read I don't need 8-ounce duck canvas shorts), no jorts.

What are you wearing?
    So basically, you want to look like this?

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Prana Brion or Zion shorts. Normally $70ish, but I only buy them on sale for $30-40. Very light, stretchy, durable. Brion looks "dressy.". Pants are equally as good.

Another good option is OR Ferrosi shorts. Again, get them on sale or Experticity.

Site Supporter
    Take a look at the amazon basics golf shorts, really can’t be beat for the price and quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    So basically, you want to look like this?

That's how I'd look if I went with the 5" inseam that @JHC recommended! That said, Patagonia has some nice selections.

I'm keeping an eye open and will continue to check out suggestions. Because I blew out a less than 1-year old pair of Eddie Bauer Guide Pro's today and had REI dividend money (and it's the annual sale), I picked up a couple of pairs from them. But experience has shown that REI shorts don't last long for me. I just grabbed them as a stop-gap.

I sound like a broken record with my Duluth Trading Co. love but... DuluthFlex Dry-On-The-Fly 9" shorts .
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I sound like a broken record with my Duluth Trading Co. love but... DuluthFlex Dry-On-The-Fly 9" shorts .
    Are those pocket carry friendly?

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Are those pocket carry friendly?
    Nope, material is too light and the pockets are too tight.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

Ranger panties.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Ranger panties.
    Executive Outcomes Chonies is more marketable.
    Last edited by JodyH; 05-25-2018 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Executive Outcomes Chonies is more marketable.
    I say Ranger Panties for this Amazon review alone:

I am a United states Marine stationed in Cairo, Egypt and let me tell you, these shorts are the best thing to happen to me since the creation of democracy. Nothing screams freedom like your bits and pieces being gently cradled by these justice inducing booty shorts while your downstairs mix-up is thrust into the face of every angry protester and nut job you see as they grimace with jealousy. I especially love to duo these buttocks displaying power pants with a skin tight American flag tank-top. If you love bald eagles, freedom, and flexing your quads at strangers for the simple pleasure of gauging their reaction, then i highly encourage you to hop on the freedom train and purchase these shorts. They do not disappoint.

User Tag List