Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Shorts?

I know people around here like the Wrangler Riggs Workwear pants. Has anyone tried the shorts?
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

I will second the recommendation of the Prana Stretch Zion shorts. I have a few pair of these and live in them in the summer time. They were on sale over the weekend for under $50 but I see now they are back up to full price. The stretch zion material these are made of is super durable, stretchy, resist stains, and are quick drying. I don't like cargo shorts but these have a low profile pocket on one leg that is quite useful for car keys, etc. Also, the front pockets are quite deep and leg openings are not overly wide or too narrow. They also have a ventilated gusseted crotch (what's not to like about that!). For a dressier alternative they make the Brion shorts.

https://www.prana.com/stretch-zion-s...tml?colors=mud

I've had great luck with the bass pro world wide sportsman key largo shorts. They're 24.99 a pair and are often on sale cheaper. Fast drying, some stretch in the material. They are a bit shorter on the inseam side of things though. I am 5'9" and they fit a few inches above my knee which is what I prefer. They have one zipper pocket in the back and another pocket on the right that isn't quite a rear pocket that I use for my wallet. This has actually come to be a selling point for me for these shorts because it means I don't sit down on top of my wallet making my hips all wonky. They also have two deep front pockets that can hold many things.

I buy a lot of my clothes from LL Bean.

https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/908?...t=48&nav=ln-26

I bought a pair of Magpul shorts. I like them a lot. Not overly long, medium weight material, little bit of stretch. Not what I would call cheap but priced where I will likely buy more.

Quote Originally Posted by tsf1225 View Post
    I will second the recommendation of the Prana Stretch Zion shorts. I have a few pair of these and live in them in the summer time. They were on sale over the weekend for under $50 but I see now they are back up to full price. The stretch zion material these are made of is super durable, stretchy, resist stains, and are quick drying. I don't like cargo shorts but these have a low profile pocket on one leg that is quite useful for car keys, etc. Also, the front pockets are quite deep and leg openings are not overly wide or too narrow. They also have a ventilated gusseted crotch (what's not to like about that!). For a dressier alternative they make the Brion shorts.

https://www.prana.com/stretch-zion-s...tml?colors=mud
    I have multiples of these, and sometimes wear them to USPSA matches. In light of SouthNarc’s recent thread, I don’t think the material is ideal for AIWB, although fine for my USPSA rig. I really like Fjallraven shorts, both the Abisko and Greenland models, for OWB and AIWB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

BC Clothing Mens Convertible Stretch Cargo Hiking Pants Shorts, Zippered Pockets (X-Large x 32L, Army Green) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C4G3YC8..._aeigBbMEMBPMY

I basically lived in several of these pants for the three years of RV travel. Still have three or four pair.

Super comfortable, zip legs go on and off, belt loops set wide for OWB, stretchy gathers on the waist can help locate AOWB holster, and the belt that comes with is easily removed for a proper 1 1/2” gunbelt.

The generous cargo pockets work well for a IFAK with H&H Mini and a Quickclot, or a Saber Red dispenser, or a TQ.

Bring this back up since I just got some Magpul Reflex shorts. Under 50 bucks to start and I got them for 15% off during the July 4 sale. So far I like them more than my TAD shorts, I just wish they had a front pocket (love putting my phone in there...). The fact that they are sized up for EDC/CC... MONEY.

Meh.

Go to Target and buy some Wrangler “tactical/stretch shorts for $21.99

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Bring this back up since I just got some Magpul Reflex shorts. Under 50 bucks to start and I got them for 15% off during the July 4 sale. So far I like them more than my TAD shorts, I just wish they had a front pocket (love putting my phone in there...). The fact that they are sized up for EDC/CC... MONEY.
    What's the inseam length? And by "sized up" do they mean, they run large in your standard size? Because I go size 36 as standard which gives me plenty of comfort and IWB room. Do I need to size down to my "actual" size of 34 to get a pair that won't fall off my non-existent bony ass?

User Tag List