Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shorts?

Shorts?

What brand of shorts - don't suck don't look goofy, and don't cost $75+ a pair?

I'm 5'7-5'8" so I need/want 7-9" inseam, four pockets (two hip, two back) NO cargo pockets, prefer button flap rear pockets. Quick drying material (it's summer, I get wet), maybe one that doesn't stain easily. Come in grey/charcoal/green, don't weigh a frickin' ton (read I don't need 8-ounce duck canvas shorts), no jorts.

What are you wearing?
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 05-24-2018 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    What brand of shorts - don't suck don't look goofy, and don't cost $75+ a pair?

I'm 5'7-5'8" so I need/want 7-9" inseam, four pockets (two hip, two back) NO cargo pockets, prefer button flap rear pockets. Quick drying material (it's summer, I get wet), maybe one that doesn't stain easily. Come in grey/charcoal/green, don't weigh a frickin' ton (read I don't need 8-ounce duck canvas shorts), no jorts.

What are you wearing?
    Shorts that meet all your criteria except no cargo pockets.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

How about "sky's out, thighs out" Patagonia 5" ? Very well made. Great deep pockets.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Get some Dickies, cut them off, and hem them. That was my go to before my EDC expanded and I needed cargo pockets.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

https://sport.woot.com/offers/columb...short-6-colors

When they were on Woot, they were <$20. They're not the fastest drying pair I own, but they do better than expected. I don't remember what kind of closure the back pockets have.

Walmart Faded Glory shorts. no flap, but back pockets button. Not moisture wicking but dry fairly quick. Comfortable. About $7 a pair, come in a few colors. Hard to find in some Walmarts. Doesnt seem like they all carry them.

-Cory

Tagged for interest... I can't keep buying TAD shorts... Wallet keeps crying!

I’m same height as you and weigh 185. Yeah, I need to lose 20 lbs. I like Eddie Bauer Guide Pro Shorts. Stretchy material, ample pockets....and actually makes my stocky build look kinda slim. And they are often “on sale” for at least 40% off.

I have the last season version of these, and like them a lot (not cheap, but retailer below has a current 20% off single item and free shipping over $50):

https://www.backcountry.com/patagoni...p3YXZlZmFyZXI=

Yeah, they have cargo pockets, but they are a very low profile design. One rear zip pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    I’m same height as you and weigh 185. Yeah, I need to lose 20 lbs. I like Eddie Bauer Guide Pro Shorts. Stretchy material, ample pockets....and actually makes my stocky build look kinda slim. And they are often “on sale” for at least 40% off.
    Just picked some up at 70% off at the outlet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

User Tag List