Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Golf cart shotgun rack

Golf cart shotgun rack

I've gotten interested in Sporting Clays, and I already have my own golf cart to use.

What I'm looking for is a vertical shotgun rack that's (ideally) removable and (optionally) low-profile.

I found this, which seems like a good option, but I'm curious what else is out there. I was going to mount the base to this one using some industrial velcro so I can take the thing out and not have it in the way for non-shotgun cart use.
    http://www.ruggedgear.com/index.cfm/...rod/prd145.htm

Site Supporter
    I was a very active sporting clays shooter and have a SC golf cart. As you pointed out, make sure you get a "vertical" type solution for safety. On my cart, I have two of the individual vertical racks from Rugger Gear - one on the drivers side and one on the passenger's side. I also have a "double" vertical rack in the middle between the driver and the passenger. The double is like this: https://www.cabelas.com/catalog/prod..._ref=prd708835

I have never removed the racks - been on the carts for 10 years or so. On occasion you may have to replace the "snubbers" if they dry rot.

Why 4 gun capacity - we often shot subgauge so we make one round of SC with 12 followed by a second round of 20/28 gauge. We also carried an OU and an auto for practice. We could also use the extra rack space for those riding on back seat or those who walked the course. Or just because we liked to have multiple shotguns!
    Last edited by ranger; 05-24-2018 at 12:01 PM.

Having them removable is going to be a requirement for me, as this is a street-legal gold cart that we use with the kids to travel around the 'hood to friends' houses, trick or treat, check out the xmas lights, etc. within our neighborhood.

The one you linked to as Cabela's says it's removable. Since you have it, can you comment on how hard it is to remove?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00NQ...XML&ref=plSrch

You could use wing nuts on the bolts to remove the unit possibly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Having them removable is going to be a requirement for me, as this is a street-legal gold cart that we use with the kids to travel around the 'hood to friends' houses, trick or treat, check out the xmas lights, etc. within our neighborhood.

The one you linked to as Cabela's says it's removable. Since you have it, can you comment on how hard it is to remove?
    I went out to garage and looked at my cart. The model I have is removable after removing 6 "wing nuts". A base is bolted to the floor of the cart and the vertical rack is connected to the "base" with 6 wing nuts. Never removed since original install but does not look hard to remove/install. This would be easier to remove/install than my single units. The model I have is very similar to the link I sent but the linked one seems to have a smaller base and only 4 wing nuts. Mine is 10+ years old.
    Last edited by ranger; 05-24-2018 at 01:11 PM.

This looks promising
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zK5rcFehbI

I don't have an EZGO, I have a Club Car, but the mount should work the same. Looks like it also is "removable" via the four wing nuts.

People use golf carts for clays? I always walked the courses I shot.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    This looks promising
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zK5rcFehbI

I don't have an EZGO, I have a Club Car, but the mount should work the same. Looks like it also is "removable" via the four wing nuts.
    That is basically what I have except my base is bigger with 6 connections vs 4. Be interesting to see if the "EZGO" kit was made by Rugged Gear. Should work fine.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Boys and their toys. A lot of the courses in the Southeast are pretty long and it gets hot and humid (I used to walk and carry a load for a living - SC is supposed to be fun). Also, if you are planning to shoot multiple rounds and/or you are a choke-changer and specialty shot chooser (9s for this, 8s for that, 7.5s for that, maybe a Spreader, light loads for this but handicap for that) the cart comes in handy. This is a separate topic to itself. If I walk, I carry my auto with Light Mod and 4 boxes of 7.5s.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    Boys and their toys. A lot of the courses in the Southeast are pretty long and it gets hot and humid (I used to walk and carry a load for a living - SC is supposed to be fun). Also, if you are planning to shoot multiple rounds and/or you are a choke-changer and specialty shot chooser (9s for this, 8s for that, 7.5s for that, maybe a Spreader, light loads for this but handicap for that) the cart comes in handy. This is a separate topic to itself. If I walk, I carry my auto with Light Mod and 4 boxes of 7.5s.
    Plus, in my case at least, I already own the cart and the trailer, so taking it to the range with me is pretty easy.

I've only ever shot at two courses. At both, the range fees included a cart, and everyone was carting around the course. it never even occurred to me to do it any other way.

I wouldn't bother walking. and as mentioned in SE FL in the summer with no shade (a) the walking would drastically reduce the enjoyment and (2) with the cart I can bring along snacks, plenty of water, etc. Not to mention it gives me a place to sit if I get to a station and someone else isn't done yet.

User Tag List