Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any small waisted guys here?

First, I’d recommend you smaller waisted guys grow a bigger waist. Come to Nashville and I’ll take you to places that’ll help...

I’m a 36”-38” depending on the day. I wear an outer carrier that carries most of my gear on the front of my vest. I wear spare mags, OC, the pistol and nitrile gloves on my duty belt.

I carry three spare mags because I work in the sticks and weird stuff happens in suburban and rural America, and TN in particular. I’d hate to run out of beans if things get really weird one day. It’s happened. I don’t wear the Safariland version though, because I like my mags pointing at my belt buckle. So I wear a SEATTLE made KW NYLON triple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    First, I’d recommend you smaller waisted guys grow a bigger waist. Come to Nashville and I’ll take you to places that’ll help....

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The paper test is legit science.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    First, I’d recommend you smaller waisted guys grow a bigger waist. Come to Nashville and I’ll take you to places that’ll help...

I’m a 36”-38” depending on the day. I wear an outer carrier that carries most of my gear on the front of my vest. I wear spare mags, OC, the pistol and nitrile gloves on my duty belt.

I carry three spare mags because I work in the sticks and weird stuff happens in suburban and rural America, and TN in particular. I’d hate to run out of beans if things get really weird one day. It’s happened. I don’t wear the Safariland version though, because I like my mags pointing at my belt buckle. So I wear a SEATTLE made KW NYLON triple.

How do you like the nylon gear you use?

What plate carrier setup are you using? How does it feel wearing it all day?

Coming at this from a completely different perspective (both load out and, sadly, waist size), but Taadski, I'm curious: if you have an easy means to weight it, what's the weight on your rig?
    Last edited by Gater; 06-22-2018 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    How do you like the nylon gear you use?

What plate carrier setup are you using? How does it feel wearing it all day?
    I like it. After wearing mostly basket weave leather since the early nineties, it feels like I’m wearing just my garrison belt. I like it.

That was custom made by Beez Combat Systems. The panels are large BALCS and the plates are 7x8 AK/AR speed plates. I used to wear the regular PACA/Safariland overt vests, but those seem to last about a year before the Velcro gives up, or they just look like crap. This carrier has the First Spear tubes and laser cut molle grid, which I like. I don’t have any issues wearing it all shift. I only take it off if I need to sit down to use the head. It was a little spendy, but well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by fwrun View Post
    Due to my small waist, in interferes with my access to the second spare magazine, but it's the best option I've been able to determine without sacrificing back injury in the case of a fall.
    Easiest way to fix this is to ditch the cross draw holster and switch to using a holster setup for support hand use of the taser. Much safer using support hand in my opinion and the taser won't interfere with accessing spare magazines.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I talked this over with folks that have the power to make changes like this. Not gonna happen in my case unfortunately.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    <Sigh>
    I'm with you. Every time I see this thread I think "I used to be there, and desperately want to get back there." Months in the gym, cardio and strength, no movement. Free t in the mid double digits. Looking for a new doc now to hopefully decide to treat me.

pat

User Tag List