Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any small waisted guys here?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    The X-26P (and the X2 and X3, for that matter) is a "smart" taser that better regulates the flow of electricity, thus making it safer for suspects. At least, that's what a Reuters special report posited. This inspired our acting chief to replace our X-26's with X-26P's. Of course, the same special report included an article on allegations (denied by Axon) that the smart tasers are not as effective as the older devices and have resulted in at least one career-ending injury to an officer.
    There is part of me that looks on with envy when I see the old school cop pics. With their weapon, reloads, and cuffs only.

I'm of no help, but I was wondering what the rational is for going to three spare mags on the belt.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I'm of no help, but I was wondering what the rational is for going to three spare mags on the belt.
    Because reasons...

If I knew the real reason, I likely wouldn't be a lowly slick sleeve.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre044 View Post
    Because reasons...
    Roger that.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

I'm a small waister as well. Policy allows us to wear an outer carrier though and have the choice of mounting radio, OC, Baton, Flashlight to it. I moved my OC and light to it. I ditched my baton as well. My belt from center going clockwise is buckle, TQ Pouch, keeper, ALS holster, keeper, hinged Cuffs on a strap, nothing across my back, chain cuffs on a strap, keeper, radio, keeper, mags. I have plenty of room to mount my OC and light back on my belt if I wanted to but everything would be on top of each other. I removed my glove pouch and nitrile gloves are kept in my rear left pocket. My TQ and my Mags are as close to centerline as I can get. I use heavy duty black ranger bands to secure the belt on either side of the buckle instead of the cloth loops the belt came with because they take up less room.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre044 View Post
    Not an option with the double mag pouch, we have to switch to the triple. Dropping the asp is a possibility, I only ever use it to search through piles of soiled clothing and the like. Any particular double cuff pouch you like?

I wonder what the logic is behind not allowing anything worn in front of the gun, that is crucial real estate to my current setup.
    I suspect it is out of concern for holster operation. SLS holsters need some room to the front.

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    We're issued the X2 which is quite a bit bigger than the X26 we transitioned from. I've got a 32" waist and I make it work. Configuration, clockwise from the buckle: double cuff pouch, 6360, multi-tool, ASP, back space, radio, flashlight, Taser X2 in a 6280, Traditional (bullets forward) double magazine pouch.

Couple things...

I carry the Taser for left handed use, not cross-draw, so that may play a bit of a factor. The grip extends back in close proximity to my handheld light, instead of forward and conflicting with the magazine pouch.

My experience with the bullets-out Safariland carriers is that the triple pouch takes up about the same real estate on the belt as the standard double. We're approved to use the "slimline" ones, but I prefer the standard because I don't like how close together the slimline model places the magazines themselves.

Edit for pic...

My belt is set up exactly the same as the picture below, works great. I'm also an advocate of support hand use of the taser instead of strong hand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by PearTree; 05-25-2018 at 11:56 AM.

Name:  FLlfQLw.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  64.6 KB

On belts like the Bianchi you can replace the belt loops with zip ties, you can push everything closer to the buckle and get about 3" extra space along the front.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

I have a 29" waist. I ditched the handcuff pouch for straps. That freed up some space. I wish I could have kept the X26. It did have a smaller footprint.

Here's my belt...

Name:  20180529_212702.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  46.7 KB

Wrapped around my waist, there is just enough room to get four keepers on with exactly 3/8" left to spare!

My biggest issue with the X26P is the holster. Almost every department issues a Blackhawk serpa for it, requiring the taser to be rocked out. The X26 used a bladetech that you could draw straight out, and utilized the hood and a thumb snap. Much safer. My old department allowed me to purchase a bladetech holster for the X26P they issued me. My new department will not, and requires me to A) carry the X26P and B) in the Blackhawk holster.

Due to my small waist, in interferes with my access to the second spare magazine, but it's the best option I've been able to determine without sacrificing back injury in the case of a fall.

User Tag List