Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any small waisted guys here?

Any small waisted guys here?

I am finally being forced to give up my old x26 taser and switch over to an x26p. The x26p is considerably larger than the old x26 and will take up quite a bit more room on my batman belt. Space is already at a premium as I am 190lbs but only have a 30 inch waist. Clockwise from the front, I wear 1 pair of handcuffs, gun, asp, keys, more hancuffs, tourniquet, radio, flashlight, taser, mag pouch. To make matters worse, we are also switching to glock 34s (which I like) and we are going to be issued triple mag pouches which takes up even more space. So the only room I currently have on my duty belt is on my back and I don't like keeping anything back there. Any suggestions on ways to organize a duty belt when you don't have a lot of real estate to work with or new gear that will help make more room? Most folks at my agency don't seem to share my problems and haven't been much help. Most of the ones that are built like me don't have all of the stuff on their belts that I carry. Numerous people at my agency don't have tasers or asps and a number of them only carry one pair of handcuffs.

Site Supporter
    No one ever accused me of being small-waisted, but I use an S.O. tech Tactical drop holster for my X2.

Also a 30 incher. My dept does not have tasers but all the other crap makes it a challenge as is. I have been using a small volund gear works duty belt with a cobra buckle which seems to maximize usable belt space for me.

From buckle to clockwise: 11-10 TQ carrier, LB 7TS holster, baton, cuff pouch, back space, cuff pouch, radio, handheld, pepper spray, double mag pouch (bullets out)
    Last edited by Artemas2; 05-24-2018 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre044 View Post
    I am 190lbs but only have a 30 inch waist.
    <Sigh>

Quote Originally Posted by Artemas2 View Post
    Also a 30 incher. My dept does not have tasers but all the other crap makes it a challenge as is. I have been using a small volund gear works duty belt with a cobra buckle which seems to maximize usable belt space for me.

From buckle to clockwise: 11-10 TQ carrier, LB 7TS holster, baton, cuff pouch, back space, cuff pouch, radio, handheld, pepper spray, double mag pouch (bullets out)
    I've considered a setup more like yours where I could relocate my front cuff pouch to the rear but I really like having cuffs accessible in the front. It doesn't happen often but there have been a few times where I was happy they were readily accessible and I would not have wanted to reach behind me to grab my other cuffs. I may still have to re-evaluate this point though as it would open up a considerable amount of space.

Site Supporter
    I'm a 32. Double cuff case and dump the baton. Can you keep a double mag pouch?

On a side note, it's my understanding that LAPD cannot wear gear in front of their gun. I don't know what I would do without that real estate.
    Last edited by TheNewbie; 05-24-2018 at 09:25 AM.

We're issued the X2 which is quite a bit bigger than the X26 we transitioned from. I've got a 32" waist and I make it work. Configuration, clockwise from the buckle: double cuff pouch, 6360, multi-tool, ASP, back space, radio, flashlight, Taser X2 in a 6280, Traditional (bullets forward) double magazine pouch.

Couple things...

I carry the Taser for left handed use, not cross-draw, so that may play a bit of a factor. The grip extends back in close proximity to my handheld light, instead of forward and conflicting with the magazine pouch.

My experience with the bullets-out Safariland carriers is that the triple pouch takes up about the same real estate on the belt as the standard double. We're approved to use the "slimline" ones, but I prefer the standard because I don't like how close together the slimline model places the magazines themselves.

Edit for pic...

Last edited by taadski; 05-24-2018 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I'm a 32. Double cuff case and dump the baton. Can you keep a double mag pouch?

On a side note, it's my understanding that LAPD cannot wear gear in front of their gun. I don't know what I would do without that real estate.
    Not an option with the double mag pouch, we have to switch to the triple. Dropping the asp is a possibility, I only ever use it to search through piles of soiled clothing and the like. Any particular double cuff pouch you like?

I wonder what the logic is behind not allowing anything worn in front of the gun, that is crucial real estate to my current setup.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre044 View Post
    Not an option with the double mag pouch, we have to switch to the triple. Dropping the asp is a possibility, I only ever use it to search through piles of soiled clothing and the like. Any particular double cuff pouch you like?

I wonder what the logic is behind not allowing anything worn in front of the gun, that is crucial real estate to my current setup.
    I wear the fake leather bianchi (think it's accumold). I used the bianchi double cuff case and wore it in front of my gun. Now I'm in a situation where one cuff is enough and I almost always have a partner with me.

Everything is give and take , and while the double cuff case is bulky, it's better than having stuff on your back in my opinion.

What's the advantage of the new style taser?

Site Supporter
    The X-26P (and the X2 and X3, for that matter) is a "smart" taser that better regulates the flow of electricity, thus making it safer for suspects. At least, that's what a Reuters special report posited. This inspired our acting chief to replace our X-26's with X-26P's. Of course, the same special report included an article on allegations (denied by Axon) that the smart tasers are not as effective as the older devices and have resulted in at least one career-ending injury to an officer.

User Tag List