Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RFI: Sportsman's Guide

RFI: Sportsman's Guide

I'm considering buying 1k rounds of 9mm for an upcoming class but it would need to be on my porch in a week. As they advertise up to a 7-business day shipping window, there's not a guarantee that I'll get it in time. I'm curious as to the turn-around times for anyone on the board who may have bought ammo through them recently.

Thanks!

If shipping times are a factor, hard pass.

My experience with them is that your order will arrive. I’ve never ordered ammunition from them, but I’ve never had an issue with my order not showing up.

That said, if time is a factor, I wouldn’t leave it to them to meet your timeline. I’ve waited up to ten days for non-ammunition orders. There are other places that can give you better odds to havingnit when you need it, but keep in mind, the physical location of the point of origin and destination factor in on the delivery times, as ORM-D has to go via ground.....

If you really need it, buy it from a place that is inside the delivery window geographically, has same or next day shipping, and not wait until the last minute next time.
    Last edited by Odin Bravo One; 05-24-2018 at 09:10 AM.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Site Supporter
    sgammo ships out the same day or next day, when I place an order.
    Just be sure to order from "in stock" list only.
    https://www.sgammo.com/catalog/pisto...9mm-luger-ammo

ETA: They have a notice on top of their site that orders today will ship out Today... and
    "All orders placed by 11am CST Friday May 25th will ship before the break"
    Last edited by RoyGBiv; 05-24-2018 at 09:26 AM.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Great, thanks all for the feedback.

I've never ordered from Sportman's Guide, but I've ordered from SG Ammo a couple of times, and they've gotten it to me in 3-4 days (OK to WI).
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    sgammo ships out the same day or next day, when I place an order.
    Just be sure to order from "in stock" list only.
    https://www.sgammo.com/catalog/pisto...9mm-luger-ammo

ETA: They have a notice on top of their site that orders today will ship out Today... and
    "All orders placed by 11am CST Friday May 25th will ship before the break"
    Yep, you get it in a day or two from SGAmmo. Just note the vacation dates on the website.

-------------------------------------------
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Quote Originally Posted by ER_STL View Post
    I'm considering buying 1k rounds of 9mm for an upcoming class but it would need to be on my porch in a week. As they advertise up to a 7-business day shipping window, there's not a guarantee that I'll get it in time. I'm curious as to the turn-around times for anyone on the board who may have bought ammo through them recently.

Thanks!
    It never hurts to have a stash.

Once you get through this, hit https://ammoseek.com/, score 2-3k rounds, and rathole them. Replace as needed and you won't get caught like this again.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    It's hard to beat SGAmmo. I've always been very satisfied with their prices and quick shipping.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

The last-minute buy is based on a decision to consider using factory ammo for the class rather than my own reloads, which I currently shoot exclusively. Reloads are allowed - and I have an established and proven load - but I just don't want to be "that guy" if for some reason something were to happen that could be attributed to my ammo. I currently have 5k bullets, 10k primers and about 9lbs of WSF so I'm well stocked for my shooting needs...
    Last edited by ER_STL; 05-24-2018 at 11:23 AM.

User Tag List