Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NFL Owners: Players Must Stand for Anthem

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    “STFU and obey all lawful authority.“

The last time I checked, our national anthem wasn’t “God Save the Queen”. This country was founded by a lot of people who did not just shut the fuck up and follow the legal process.

Protest, especially peaceful protest, is supposed to make people uncomfortable. It is supposed to make people think. Those who don’t support the idea of other people protesting things should follow in the footsteps of those who left Boston on Evacuation Day
    I fully support the players right to protest. I absolutely do not support them using their workplace to protest on someone else's dime and "house". Want to go to a BLM march, scream outside a police station on your time, have at it. When you are taking pay from an employer there are often times rules that go with that. Do the employers not have rights? Do people no longer have a ability to set standards in THEIR business?

This is easy for me. ALL the players should be held in the locker room until after the anthem is played. They were being paid specifically to come and support this country. Some breeched that agreement. In the past they were in the locker room for the anthem. They have lost the privilege to come out and share the anthem with the fans, and should also lose the extra money they were being paid to come out. The US Military also needs to stop paying for this kind of nonsense. They also cost their employer and the advertisers huge amounts of money, without costing them a cent. Sorry, too many patriots spent blood to protest for real. Protesting on someone else's dime is to me complete cowardice. Also....no outrage over the Dallas Cowboys being banned from honoring the local officers killed while protecting the people protesting against them by the same league? Weird double standard. Also, note that individuals will not be fined for protest, the team ownership will be....again, someone else taking the hit for somebody wanting to use someone else's business for their personal beliefs.

Would the folks who support unlimited protest at work support police officers wearing their own protest stuff at work. Everyone great with a F*ck Black Lives Matter bumper sticker in the back window of a police car? I mean protest is supposed to make people uncomfortable right?

On a good note.....I spend a ton more family time since giving up the NFL.
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 05-25-2018 at 11:22 AM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I believe that the guy that runs this place would prefer that we all STFU about hot-button non-firearms topics.

His place, his rules.

So I'll drop from this discussion.
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 05-25-2018 at 11:31 AM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    This is easy for me. ALL the players should be held in the locker room until after the anthem is played. They were being paid specifically to come and support this country. Some breeched that agreement. In the past they were in the locker room for the anthem. They have lost the privilege to come out and share the anthem with the fans, and should also lose the extra money they were being paid to come out. The US Military also needs to stop paying for this kind of nonsense. They also cost their employer and the advertisers huge amounts of money, without costing them a cent. Sorry, too many patriots spent blood to protest for real. Protesting on someone else's dime is to me complete cowardice.

This. The NFL merely tried to use patriotism to win fans over. It kinda worked, until it didn't.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    “STFU and obey all lawful authority.“

The last time I checked, our national anthem wasn’t “God Save the Queen”. This country was founded by a lot of people who did not just shut the fuck up and follow the legal process.

Protest, especially peaceful protest, is supposed to make people uncomfortable. It is supposed to make people think. Those who don’t support the idea of other people protesting things should follow in the footsteps of those who left Boston on Evacuation Day

Make no mistake this country was mainly founded on the dead bodies and sacrifices of many good Americans, not someone who stood up and protested. Now, I will be the first one to say there is nothing wrong with peaceful protest, hell I encourage it as it promotes discussion. But, there is a way to go about it. It can be done without shitting on the memories/honoring of sacrifice of the brave men and women who have come before this ungrateful group of idiots. I won't apologize for calling a shit show what it is. I'm conservative in though but very liberal in many ways and typically don't get bent out of shape in what people do. But in this case I take exception.

It's infuriating when others wipe their asses with the blanket of freedom/memory of American sacrifice which my brothers, sisters, families and I have provided. Don't say to a Vet, "thank you for your service" or pull some bullshit philanthropy because its good PR and then turn around take a knee during Our Anthem. This whole thing is BS and I'm sick of people standing up for the idiots shitting on the sacrifices that have provided the blanket which protects their very way of life.

The attitude being portrayed by many involved in the protest is the exact same one that has emboldened criminal behavior by making the criminals the victims and painting Law Enforcement as the aggressors, (which is simply not the case). More people need to strap on a Sam Browne and do what LEO's do for at least a year before they open their big f'ing mouths. In addition, they need to stop paying lip service to Soldier's, Sailors, Airmen and Marines and stop the facebook activism and actually do something to effect change. This whole thing has done nothing but further division and create momentum for the anti police movement in this country.
    Last edited by Mike C; 05-25-2018 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    I fully support the players right to protest. I absolutely do not support them using their workplace to protest on someone else's dime and "house". Want to go to a BLM march, scream outside a police station on your time, have at it. When you are taking pay from an employer there are often times rules that go with that. Do the employers not have rights? Do people no longer have a ability to set standards in THEIR business?

This is easy for me. ALL the players should be held in the locker room until after the anthem is played. They were being paid specifically to come and support this country. Some breeched that agreement. In the past they were in the locker room for the anthem. They have lost the privilege to come out and share the anthem with the fans, and should also lose the extra money they were being paid to come out. The US Military also needs to stop paying for this kind of nonsense. They also cost their employer and the advertisers huge amounts of money, without costing them a cent. Sorry, too many patriots spent blood to protest for real. Protesting on someone else's dime is to me complete cowardice. Also....no outrage over the Dallas Cowboys being banned from honoring the local officers killed while protecting the people protesting against them by the same league? Weird double standard. Also, note that individuals will not be fined for protest, the team ownership will be....again, someone else taking the hit for somebody wanting to use someone else's business for their personal beliefs.

Would the folks who support unlimited protest at work support police officers wearing their own protest stuff at work. Everyone great with a F*ck Black Lives Matter bumper sticker in the back window of a police car? I mean protest is supposed to make people uncomfortable right?

On a good note.....I spend a ton more family time since giving up the NFL.
    100 percent this ......

User Tag List