Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The connection between guns ,abortion & religion.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    There most certainly is. I've seen their statements. If I had links to those statements handy, I'd share them.

Chris
    Yup most forget that abortion laws started as privacy laws. Now people act like it’s a right to terminate pregnancies just because. We have become so detached from what pregnancy means and the end product of it.
    Last edited by breakingtime91; 05-23-2018 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I feel very strongly that women have the right to terminate a pregnancy. I feel even more strongly about every person’s right to defend themselves.

Religion is not important to me and I don’t give it much thought.

I don’t care what other people believe or say as long as they are not a physical threat to others. I wish more people felt that way.
    We should hang out.

–————————————————
    My posts only represent my opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of my employer. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

The reason I dislike these topics is the fundamental issue at hand. The Constitution guarantees justice. Not morality or ethics.

You cannot legislate moral behavior. You cannot force a square peg into a round hole without a hammer that causes collateral damage.

If right to privacy is a constitutionally protected right - then the rights of people to discreetly carry guns, have abortions, or have sex with whomever they choose to (consensually) - should all be protected rights.

To be honest, I find the vast majority of Organized Religious teachings to be ammoral to immoral at best. I believe that many unethical actions are taken in the name of religious righteousness. The most immoral and unethical people I have known have been devout followers.

And because the Constitution protects freedom of religion, I will die to the death, to defend their rights to continue to have their immoral, unethical teachings and personal ways.

To some degree, the Constitution actually guarantees the right to be immoral and unethical. As long as you don’t actively violate the rights or agreed upon laws of our country.

I’m sure people think I have questionable morals. Afterall, I’m a non-religious, abortion supporting, gun carrying, death penalty supporting, evolution teaching and believing, cis-gendered, bi-racial man - who frequently walks the line between the rules and gray areas in my personal and professional life. And I don’t give two rats fucking in a sock - about what anyone thinks about it. Because that’s my business and no one else’s business.

Interesting. It seems like the “package deal” dynamic is so ingrained in the national political structure, to the point that voting is like ordering a McDonalds combo; pick Option 1 or Option 2, with limited customization.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Site Supporter
    I think it’s how you value human life really.

I’m Pro-Life, Christian, and Pro-Gun. I believe God created life, and life has very high value and is to be protected. No matter how small, weak, or insignificant. I feel most are okay with abortion early-on because of how they feel in relationship to the life. You can’t talk to it or really see any sign of it’s existence yet?

It’s easier to abort. Yet, once it can cry or has essentially emerged from the mother’s body the situation changes? It’s a stage of development of a human life; if left uninterrupted it becomes a human you can recognize.

The rest is just indecision on should a parent to be or society be forced to raise that child if unwilling.

I’m all for protecting human life and believe all lives are valuable.

This is also near and dear to my heart because of the children we’ve miscarried in the last year. I sat with my wife and tried to comfort her through concerns about us trying again earlier this week. It’s been 6 months since being back from Haiti (ensuring I’m free of the Zika virus) and we’ve both lost 30+ lbs in anticipation of trying again.

Sorry to rant.

God Bless,

Brandon
    Last edited by BWT; 05-23-2018 at 08:43 PM.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Men discussing abortion is like that Hogg kid talking about guns.

IMO.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post

IMO.
    I’m curious to hear how so. You have a broad and deep perspective on life. We’re already discussing one of the probably most inflammatory subjects wrapped up into one thread.

What’re your thoughts? I can assume, but why not just ask.

God Bless,

Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Interesting. It seems like the “package deal” dynamic is so ingrained in the national political structure, to the point that voting is like ordering a McDonalds combo; pick Option 1 or Option 2, with limited customization.
    I took a reasonable amount of time earlier today trying to dig up an old blog post by @Tamara that riffed on this concept with amazing alacrity.

Maybe she remembers the comparison to upsizing at the drive through. It was good.
    Last edited by Totem Polar; 05-23-2018 at 09:20 PM.

IMO.
    Yep- and only cops can talk about cop stuff, vets can talk about war, etc, etc, etc. I’ll make sure I stay in my lane.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

I would go so far as to say that anyone who hasn't faced the choice who is moralizing at others about it is like that Hogg kid talking about guns.

User Tag List