Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The connection between guns ,abortion & religion.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    There isn't a political party for "Mind your own fucking business and leave me out of your shit." But I sure wish there was.
    You and me both, sir.

As for myself, my stance on religion, gun control and abortion are connected through my beliefs on free agency, personal responsibility and the sanctity of life.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

I feel very strongly that women have the right to terminate a pregnancy. I feel even more strongly about every person’s right to defend themselves.

Religion is not important to me and I don’t give it much thought.

I don’t care what other people believe or say as long as they are not a physical threat to others. I wish more people felt that way.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    The three are completely separate issues in my world. Obviously, mileage may vary, though I haven't a clue why.
    Yup.

The left has it too: "you’re in favor of marriage equality, legalizing medical MJ, and moving to a single-payer system? Great! Ban all the gunz; repeal the 2A..."

It’s all linkage bullshit.

Unless, someone genuinely objects to abortion on their religious convictions; fine, y’all do you.

But case-by-case, for sure. JMO.

There is no connection. Divide and conquer. I generally vote Republican due to the gun rights issue, it's a big deal to me. Otherwise I'm more in the Libertarian camp.
    Last edited by Tabasco; 05-23-2018 at 06:47 PM.

Choice: Can You Handle It?

There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    I have a feeling you just want to stir shit up, but perhaps I am wrong and your question is genuine.

The three issues you listed are separate. It would be just as fair to ask "why are an overwhelming majority of Democrats in favor of gun control?" Gun rights shouldn't even be a political issue in my mind. Yet it is to a large extent.

I am conservative in some of my views, more libertarian in others. I certainly don't lump gun rights, abortion, and religion into one issue. When I talk to someone about gun rights I don't drag my pro-life views into the discussion. My pro-life views are not based in religion. I am a person of faith but not religious or beholden to a particular doctrine. I have a strong sense of right vs. wrong that I'm sure shapes my positions on the issues. I have no desire to belong to a "God & Guns" tribe, but I'm not anti-gun or anti-God.
    I think trusting your gut feeling in this instance would be spot on .

Is that vanilla bean ice cream? I'm in!

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    "Pro abortion" isn't really a thing. Nobody is out there campaigning for more abortions to happen. Much like all of us here want to retain the right to choose responsibility for our own safety, pro choice people want to retain the right to choose what happens in their own bodies, and they don't take kindly to others trying to choose for them. Also, it's definitely not impossible to be pro gun and pro choice - I certainly am.
    Pro choice advocates killing an unborn child. Same people in my class were very against gun violence and the death it caused. An acorn grows into a tree, a fetus grows into a person. I am not so niave to think that there are not scenarios where it isn’t moral or prudent but when people act like it isn’t killing another human I put up my bull shit flag.
    Last edited by breakingtime91; 05-23-2018 at 07:12 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    "Pro abortion" isn't really a thing. Nobody is out there campaigning for more abortions to happen.
    There most certainly is. I've seen their statements. If I had links to those statements handy, I'd share them.

Chris

User Tag List