Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My Mexico EDC....what do you see?

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Harris View Post
    OK, so here's my "official answers" for what's in the pic.....

CAT Tourniquet and Trauma Dressing , Duct Tape and Sharpie for wound care. (First aid kits are good to have in case of emergency)
    Kevlar thread for cutting zip ties/flex cuffs/tape / etc that I can't just break (loose string in your pockets doesn't raise an eyebrow)
    Metal bodied pens which tend to not break (I might need to write something down like directions )
    Bottle opener ( For Corona and Cokes and Fanta) This and the fruit knife are an easier thing to explain if you can sell a backstory of being a bartender.
    $6 Fruit knife (cortar Limas por mi Corona y Modelo o pelar manzanas, etc)
    Easily found Decoy Wallet full of 1s and pesos worth about $10, expired/compromised and cancelled credit cards, used gas cards.
    Real wallet better hidden
    Small streamlight micro stream and Surefire 6P. (It might be dark somewhere I go)
    lighter (to light the Cohibas I might offer to new "friends")
    Cuff keys well hidden (just in case......)
    Also not seen in the pic is about $50 in USD to grease the wheels of justice and "pay fines on the spot" in case I encounter any entanglements with the local constabulary....

Any idea of the thickness of your Kevlar string?

I think it is #92.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Harris View Post
    I think it is #92.
    Thanks!

When I flew a bit after 9/11 I kept a fat Sharpie on me as a passable yarawa stick. Is that why it's included?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

While it can be pressed into that duty it really is for writing. It will write on things that regular ink pens might not work as well on . For writing on skin they beat ink.

Quote Originally Posted by RichY View Post
    Any idea of the thickness of your Kevlar string?

I do something similar to the OP when traveling.

Just get some of the heavier gauge SpiderWire fishing line at your local sporting goods store. Pre tie the ends.. yada yada.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    I do something similar to the OP when traveling.

Just get some of the heavier gauge SpiderWire fishing line at your local sporting goods store. Pre tie the ends.. yada yada.
    I was part of the original test group for Spiderwire when it came out. LOVE it for fishing, and I found lots of other unique uses for those left overs on the spools after loading a reel. Without going into a lot......replacing the inside of 550 chord with 30-50 pound test Spiderwire adds some unique capability. As a follow-on, during initial work with Spiderwire it was banned on some off shore fishing boats. You get hooked on a large fishing that runs under a boat at speed and it starts cutting through the fiberglass, it can get exciting. My mind came up with options based on that.
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 05-28-2018 at 01:27 PM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List