Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for replacement carry piece?

Quote Originally Posted by timotab View Post
    Only at the de-cocking levers. The grip is thinner than any other double stack I've handled.
    Cool. Thanks for the reply.

Just now saw my typo. Doh!!!

The P07 is a uniquely styled pistol. The grip is very thin for a double stack 9mm, but, the "frame" above the grip flares out a bit (remember, it has a reversed rail setup so the frame has to be wider than the slide), and the decocker adds some girth.

Again, it's not a HYUUGE as the numbers make it sound., but it is a little different that what you might consider "normal"

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    The P07 is a uniquely styled pistol. The grip is very thin for a double stack 9mm, but, the "frame" above the grip flares out a bit (remember, it has a reversed rail setup so the frame has to be wider than the slide), and the decocker adds some girth.

Again, it's not a HYUUGE as the numbers make it sound., but it is a little different that what you might consider "normal"
    I see what you mean. I just went to the LGS and coon-fingered one a bit. Very nice gun. I can barely reach the slide release lever, so it's out for me. Wish it wasn't so...
    Trigger was pretty awesome on the one I checked out. I can see why y'all are recommending it.

Suggestions for replacement carry piece?

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    I see what you mean. I just went to the LGS and coon-fingered one a bit. Very nice gun. I can barely reach the slide release lever, so it's out for me. Wish it wasn't so...
    Trigger was pretty awesome on the one I checked out. I can see why y'all are recommending it.
    I got so used to using support hand thumb on 1911 and my p226, that what I used on p07. I was happy to never worry about accidentally hitting it

On my p226 and p30 I hit the lever and she would not lock back. So I threw on a shorty lever for the p30. Obviously personal preference on grip style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Trukinjp13; 05-26-2018 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    I got so used to using support hand thumb on 1911 and my p226, that what I used on p07. I was happy to never worry about accidentally hitting it

On my p226 and p30 I hit the lever and she would not lock back. So I threw on a shorty lever for the p30. Obviously personal preference on grip style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good point.

Site Supporter
    I used a P-07 on duty for while, and only went back to Glock for all around simplicity reasons. I'm not wealthy enough to own lots of different types of guns.

I used my support hand for decocking and the slide release.

Oh and you can get an ALS for them.

May I be a "thread disruptor" and suggest the sig SP2022? Very economical, good selection of holsters (JMCK for one), good trigger, and more than proven by EU military and LEO.

I love both of mine, and have never had any kind of failure, even when I was in my limp wristing phase.

Just my two cents....

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I can’t reach the slide lock lever without flipping my grip. It’s not a big deal to me.

Width of the gun is comparable to a G19, and because of the grip, it conceals at least as well for me.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

The P07 feels very Glock 19 size to me. Here is some P09 love from earlier today.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Good question. Short answer is if you're willing to spend an hour or two working the trigger, you probably don't need to send it to CGW. If you're in the market for a new P-07, buying it directly from them with the kit installed is a good way to go. If you want to carry a gun that you understand mechanically, then installing the kit yourself like I did is a good project.

NOTE: There are two potentially problematic issues with the P-07/09, but both are easily solvable.

1) The guns are not designed to be dryfired. "Unprotected" dryfire smashes the firing pin into the FP retaining roll pin, causing damage to the roll pin. Eventually, this can cause a malfunction where the FP does not move freely. I insert a half a foam earplug between the hammer and firing pin to protect the FP roll pin from peening. I also installed a CGW tempered steel roll pin that resists damage.

2) As with other CZs there are reports of trigger return springs breaking. This appears to be much less of an issue in the P-07/09 than with the CZ-75 line, and my OEM trigger return spring has been fine so far (thousands of cycles). The obvious solution is to replace the trigger return spring with a CGW spring, which I used in my Shadow 2's. These are very durable, and can last for over 50,000 cycles.

Now on to the break-in process:
    I cleaned the gun, lubricated the action with Lucas grease and oil. Then I dryfired the gun in DA for a few hundred cycles. Think of this as a workout for your trigger fingers. I used compressed air to blow out the sear area, and re-lubricated with grease.

Next, focusing on rough spots in the single action pull, I worked the trigger repeatedly without dropping the hammer.

The result was dramatic. DA pull dropped from over 13# to 8#, the low end of the published spec for this gun. The SA pull smoothed out as well. Now if you aren't familiar with them, the OEM gun is hard to distinguish from the CGW ProGrade gun. The CGW P-07 has a crisper SA break, and a slightly shorter reset.

Am I glad I spent the time and money to install a ProGrade kit on one gun? Absolutely. The gun is amazing. And it was worth it to learn how the P-07 works and to gain confidence in the design. It's a remarkably simple and well-engineered system. I especially like the ability to tune the weight of the SA pull using the CGW increased weight sear springs. Since I carry it, I chose the heaviest 0.020" spring to increase the SA pull to 4# in the ProGrade gun (stock weight is listed as 3.3 - 5.5lbs).

Happy to answer more questions.

[Dammit. My browser froze the Pistol-Forum window, and I had to reconstruct this post using a screen capture and OCR.]

tell me about that holster and multicam "wedge"

User Tag List