Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Suggestions for replacement carry piece?

Site Supporter
    I have two PCR CZ pistols. One has CGW's firing pin, reduced power firing pin block spring, and a CZ Custom Shop trigger return spring. This spring is heavy duty and and increases double action pull. However, increasing d.a. pull was not design intent. Reliability was. Mainspring is a Cajun GW spring with the highest weight rating. This rating is lighter than factory. I have not measured pull weights, but my experience tells me that s.a. and d.a. are 15 % lighter. 2000 rounds fired through the PCR have made it smooth. The PCR is the 75D Compact.

I have owned several CZ pistols. In almost everyone the trigger return spring broke. For this reason I selected the heavier Custom Shop spring sold by Angus H. Things change, and his springs may have changed too. Anyway, after I got the above pistol set up, I ceased shooting it except for test firing. I shoot the other one which is stock. I'm waiting for its trigger return spring to pop. I have a P01 which has the CGW trigger spring. This pistol was born smooth. I will alter nothing else.

M9A1compact
    Name:  20200818_133100.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  63.5 KB

Just saw this was an old thread
    Last edited by 03RN; 08-23-2020 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    M9A1compact
    Name:  20200818_133100.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  63.5 KB

Just saw this was an old thread
    Don't feel bad, I just saw this post, thought it sounded interesting, and it wasn't until I opened it that I realized it was mine from 2 years ago . Lots of good responses, and it looks like it developed a life of its own even after I stopped checking in. For anyone interested, lots of DA/SA's have come and gone in the meantime, I ended up "settling" on DA/SA with decocker and metal frames. Current handgun collection consists of a CZ PCR, a CZ 97 BD, a Sig P220R, and the latest acquisition, a S&W 625-6. Gee, does it look like I might have a thing going for .45 ACP's ? Later, and thanks to all that responded, even if a bit belatedly !

Dave

If it has to be metal framed per your spec I’d definitely say M9A1 compact. Especially now that there are 15 round mags for it.

If you can adjust and go poly framed then the Px4 compact.

With either of them you can budget over time and “Langdon-ize” them and move from a TDA, (Traditional Double Action), pistol to a HCDA!, (Holy Crap Double Action!), that you will sincerely appreciate.

Seriously, if your looking for a DA pistol I’d recommend a Beretta because no other DA pistols have the aftermarket or customization support of something like LTT or someone like Ernest.

My pick would be the CZ P07 as well. Mine has served me very well. The only things I did to it was installed a couple CGW parts and a little polishing and the trigger is excellent. I also had the small back strap textured (not seen in the picture). Someone said sights are hard to find, but I run the factory CZ night sights and they are excellent. They are hands down the brightest night sights I have ever seen! I have a P01 Omega UG/SR and it is excellent as well. I just run the P07 a little better. However, if metal frame is a mush, the P01 is amazing as well.

As for the PX4 Compact, I am sure it is an excellent handgun as well. I gave one a try, but the DA trigger reach was a little too long for me.

Quote Originally Posted by claymore504 View Post
    My pick would be the CZ P07 as well. Mine has served me very well. The only things I did to it was installed a couple CGW parts and a little polishing and the trigger is excellent. I also had the small back strap textured (not seen in the picture). Someone said sights are hard to find, but I run the factory CZ night sights and they are excellent. They are hands down the brightest night sights I have ever seen! I have a P01 Omega UG/SR and it is excellent as well. I just run the P07 a little better. However, if metal frame is a mush, the P01 is amazing as well.

As for the PX4 Compact, I am sure it is an excellent handgun as well. I gave one a try, but the DA trigger reach was a little too long for me.

Had a P-07 and my PCR for awhile, I prefer the PCR so the P-07 went to a new home. Between the PCR and the Sig, I feel well covered in the carry department, the 97 BD is a great range gun, but the jury's still out on the S&W 625. Great gun, no doubt, but I'm just not falling in love with it. Of course, I shoot it better than any of the others, despite still struggling with my grip. I'm also feeling a little top heavy on .45's, so I'm debating with myself about selling it or trading it for something else. I'd still like to have a full size 9mm, still jonesing for a CZ SP-01 Tactical, as I think it would be a kissing cousin to my 97 BD. But I'm also pretty fond of my Sig, and I sometimes hear a 226 calling my name. Decisions, decisions, later.

Dave

User Tag List