Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Parents Sue to Kick 30 YO Son Out of House

Seriously?! WTF is wrong with people. Assuming squatters rights or implied contract BS is what’s causing this. Makes you not want to help any adult anymore.

Site Supporter
    This is the logical outcome for the idiots that raise their children to be dependent. How can a parent not teach a child to deal with life?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I don't think they have to take lazy scumbags anymore.
    Absolutely not.

Q: How do you when your adult child has been staying with you?

A: They’re still there...

The irony is that in a couple decades Ole Squatter likely will be in charge of his elderly parents' alzheimer's arrangements. They probably should have eaten him when they had the chance.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    The irony is that in a couple decades Ole Squatter likely will be in charge of his elderly parents' alzheimer's arrangements. They probably should have eaten him when they had the chance.
    I am at an age where I am looking more at estate planning plus I have an elderly father I am helping. There seems to be a lot of "elder care" law now focused on this specific topic you raise.

Site Supporter
    I heard about this story when it first got some press. Now that I've seen pictures . . . the manchild looks exactly like I expected him to. Hell, I thought I was falling behind because a several folks I graduated with are already team leads, working their way into management, or were getting their startups off the ground. Guess in the overall age bracket, I'm doing alright for myself.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Some people exist primarily to serve as a cautionary tale. I would venture that this fella is one such person.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Perhaps the rural Alabama equivalent is the adult son who is living in a trailer on the back of the property. I had a friend from our gun club with that problem and his wife was constantly protecting and defending the kid and his trailer. Lots of pot/dope parties, druggie friends in and out, etc.

When he had finally had enough he sold the trailer to one of the mobile home salvage guys, had them come pick it up and move it while the kid was out and left his stuff stacked in the place the trailer used to be. He put up one of those nylon camping tents where the trailer used to be. That ended the dope friends coming to visit. Not sure what happened after that but I admired his solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Seriously? I mean knew it happened periodically, but "regular basis" I wouldn't have expected.
    You’d be surprised how often it happens. A good portion of them are parents with heroin addicted kids/grandkids. The parents finally get tired of their stuff being stolen and call us to kick the kid (and their junky girlfriend or boyfriend) out. Sorry. No bueno. Evict them.

But we occasionally get non-related folks who tried to be a Good Samaritan and get shafted.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

User Tag List