Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Snub info booklet

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Joined, and ordered. Thanks for the heads-up!

At almost four months into my retirement from LEO-ing, it is becoming apparent that short-barreled revolving pistols are my new norm for most urban/suburban carry.
    Sticking with the SP101?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Sticking with the SP101?
    The weapon(s) is/are situational. I carried a pocketed SP101 while working in the yard and messing about with truck/Jeep stuff yesterday. Then, for a day trip of several hours, through rural areas, I first put the SP101 into the safe, and then wore a Safepacker on the belt, containing my S&W 327 PC snub-gun, and had a GP100 in an off-body bag.

I have an SP101-sized JM Custom Kydex “George” holster, when I want to carry AIWB. This will probably be more frequent in the near future.

Site Supporter
    Ordered this AM. Also have Ed Lovette’s book and Grant Cunningham’s book on snub guns. I occasionally carry a 442 and have a small assortment of other snubs as well. Looking forward to receiving the new booklet.
    Last edited by deputyG23; 05-26-2018 at 05:43 AM.

Michael is great! I’ve had a copy of his booklet for years. He knows quite a lot about revolvers, and is a very kind fellow as well.

civiliandefender.com

Site Supporter
    The weapon(s) is/are situational. I carried a pocketed SP101 while working in the yard and messing about with truck/Jeep stuff yesterday. Then, for a day trip of several hours, through rural areas, I first put the SP101 into the safe, and then wore a Safepacker on the belt, containing my S&W 327 PC snub-gun, and had a GP100 in an off-body bag.

I have an SP101-sized JM Custom Kydex “George” holster, when I want to carry AIWB. This will probably be more frequent in the near future.
    Do you have much experience with a 2.5 or 3 inch GP100?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Do you have much experience with a 2.5 or 3 inch GP100?
    My newest GP100 has a 3” barrel, a Wiley Clapp edition, which the previous owner apparently had additional work performed, as the hammer is bobbed, with a very high level of craftsmanship, and the front sight is an XS, tritium dot. I bought this one with some of the overtime money I earned after Hurricane Harvey. Except for the sight radius, and being a bit noisier, shooting this one is not much different from shooting one with a 4” barrel.

My other GP100 revolvers have longer barrels; several 4”. One has a 6” barrel, without the full lug.

Joined, and ordered. Thanks for the heads-up!

At almost four months into my retirement from LEO-ing, it is becoming apparent that short-barreled revolving pistols are my new norm for most urban/suburban carry.
    How true. I retired almost two years ago and my J frames are what I grab the most going out the door. The G17 is slowly building up a cover of dust for lack of use.

Site Supporter
    Has anyone received notification other than from Paypal that the order was received and/or processed?

Chris

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Has anyone received notification other than from Paypal that the order was received and/or processed?

Chris
    Nope. I ordered shortly after this thread was created.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Nope. I ordered shortly after this thread was created.
    I ordered around the same time. Just wanted to be sure that was the norm.

Chris

User Tag List